New on here

Options
HI- I've had a weight problem fora very long time, even eating disorders. I've tried more diets than I'd care to describe.I have PCOS and haven't been able to get the hormone correction but went to a new doc who might be able to help more. I lost 25 lbs' this year but have gained it back. I want to lose that and more maybe 69 total. Hoping this will help me do it> I really like the instant gratification of knowing when to stop before I overeat. Scared I wont' see the scale budge though- a common PCOS feature. I've been so nervous of failing.

Replies

• deannasmom
    deannasmom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hi! i know a girl with PCOS. I worked with her for a few years and i still keep in touch with her, so i know the struggle you are having. you were able to get 25 pounds off before and i am sure that you will be able to do it again plus some. don't stress out!
  • jilanika
    Options
    I have PCOS and, at one time, lost over 60 lbs under an endocrinologist's supervision. I was back down to a size 6. It was a combination of medications, exercise and carb control to combat the insulin resistance that goes hand in hand w/ the other hormonal imbalances. But it can be done. Don't lose hope. I'm on this site trying to lose all of the weight I gained back. I got sloppy and careless and gained back the weight. But I know I lost it once and I can do it again. I'm trying to do it without the medication this time. Obviously, diligence is the key, but it can happen for both of us.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gretchensdoll
    Options
    Wow Ladies thanks so much for your warm welcome and encouragement!
  • shortstackz01
    shortstackz01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, Im new on here as well, but i find the website to be very helpful. Ive been overweight all my life..well i guess always a little chunkier than the rest, but in my adulthood ive been able to manage my weight gain since the birth of my son. My son is turning 5 now, and im just now starting to really get the weight off permanantly. I weighed 191 in july, and now i weigh 174 here in November. I changed my eating habits, but i think this source will help me get to my REAL weight goal..its great to know there are a lot of other women just like me!!! nice meeting everyone
  • sjvirkus
    sjvirkus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've just started a few days ago. I have had issues maintaining my weight lately and with a few days of tracking it's almost easy to see why. The trick is to be honest with yourself and choose wisely. When typing in a meal that I ate at a restaurant, I was very suprised to see that over half of my daily calorie allowance was eaten in one meal. - I do great when I don't eat out, but I never realized the "expense" to having lunch with my husband at a restaurant. Hopefully this will help me to make better choices.