Too much protein?

Options
Hi all,

I have been consistently over my recommended protein intake every day since I started tracking (on Sunday). Is this really harmful? I am always at or under on the fat and carbs . . .

Replies

• soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been consistently over my recommended protein intake every day since I started tracking (on Sunday). Is this really harmful? I am always at or under on the fat and carbs . . .
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    I think you should be fine, I'm a vegetarian so sometimes I don't get enough, but having "too much" protein would just make your body work harder in my opinion, but I'm not a doctor. :drinker:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Thanks! I'm a vegetarian, too, but I have been using protein shakes and eating a lot of Tofu and broccoli, which are high in protein. I assumed it was not too bad, but I was surprised to see how over I was!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It is recommended that active adults consume between 0.4-0.6g of protein per pound. The MFP default is much lower than this.

So you should be fine, expecially because you are particularly active. Change your goals to custom and bump it up.

I use protein shakes too .. they're yummy!
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Eat up that protein, girl! No harm. For me, I keep a close watch on pretty much everything else except for protein. Especially carbs and fat. And, yes, protein smoothis are to die for - especially after a good strength training session. Good luck! :wink:

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    I always get too much protein too due to the shakes.