Calories in Jelly??

Options
Dexy_
Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
Okay so I searched 'Jelly' in the database and I could only find "fruit in jelly cup" ect ect

Has anyone got any idea how many calories are in just plain Jelly? (As in made from jelly crystals and boiling water)

Replies

• BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Gelatin/Jello or fruit jelly with sugar and pectin?
  • Dexy_
    Options
    All I know is apparently Americans call Jelly something else.

What I call jelly you buy as crystals and you add boiling water to it, mix and set in the fridge.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    try jello :) or gelatin. jello is the big name brand for what most americans would be eating for what you call jelly.
  • Dexy_
    Options
    I just double checked the packet, it has the calorie value there :) yay low in cals! nom nom treat
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    All I know is apparently Americans call Jelly something else.

What I call jelly you buy as crystals and you add boiling water to it, mix and set in the fridge.
    If it's just gelatin with no sugar, consider it free. Something like 25 Calories in 4 cups of Knox gelatin made per directions. If it has sweetener, you're on your own - but it should be relatively easy to figure out from the packaging or by using the recipe function here.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Type in the brand name.
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    23 calories in unsweetened gelatin which is what I think ur talking about. Thats for 1 tablespoon of the dry crystals.

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-gelatin-dry-powder-unsweetened_f-ZmlkPTYxNjM2.html
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    All i know is it's under 100 :) best snack ayee!
  • Dexy_
    Options
    All i know is it's under 100 :) best snack ayee!

Yeah it's 80cals per 125gram (so 4 servings for box). It's the same for Aldi, Coles and Woolies brands :) tis awesome.