friend requests

Options
Pretty_Pain
Pretty_Pain Posts: 71 Member
why send a fr without a short message, i mean if you waana be someones friend, shouldnt you take the time to write a short message? i do...

what do you think? and do you do it?

Replies

• Incunabulum
    Options
    Agreed. I do it.

ETA: I mean, I include a message.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    agree!!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I rarely send a FR, but always leave a little note

I deny all those who send me a FR without one xD
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I also deny requests without messages. I wasn't so discerning in the beginning but it's different with so many people now. I really get to know my friends here so a quick note seems appropriate. :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I rarely send friend requests and I am tempted to not accept ones without a message.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Eh I guess I don't take it so seriously. I accept people w/o messages, and I sometimes don't include one.

Whatevs :) Don't accept if you don't want to.
  • anamikaraks
    anamikaraks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I really prefer messages to come with requests. I really do. That said, one of my best friends didn't send a message. It took me 2 weeks to decide to accept. Now I am so glad I did. Sometimes it pays to take a chance.
  • judykritikos
    Options
    Because sometimes ppl comment and chat w/ others w/o sending a FR. Then they send the FR later - and no need to put a comment. Sometimes they'll say - send me a FR and I send it. No need to say something I've already said 2 minutes before on a post.
  • lovelee79
    Options
    yup, I decline friend requests without messages. Receiving a FR with no note is kinda cold and creepy I think. It pretty much proves to me that they won't be good supporters on here.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I especially love the requests from guys with no note - and surprise surprise they've only got female friends... declined..
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    not that big of a deal to me. I'm not on the message boards that often. I don't get a lot of friend requests. I only have a handful of friends and they are all nice and supportive, I suppose if somebody was a negative friend I'd delete them. I find it helpful to have friends for support and to get food diary ideas etc. I does not really matter to me if they leave me a note when they request me as a friend or not.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I only have 38 friends on here. So I don't send a lot of requests and don't get tons of requests. I will likely approve them either way, but a little note as to what made you want to friend me is appreciated. If nothing else it gets a conversation started. I don't mind adding friends that are active and keep my feed interesting. :)
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i honestly dont care about a note..its nice if they include one, but if someone wants to be a friend so be it...hell, i would honestly accept 90% of the peeps on this site...only seen a few that were *kitten* bags!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    As it says in my sig, I accept all FR, but if you bother me, I will just set you to ignore. Never send out FR. If you like my posts, wanna be friends or w.e, thats fine, but I dont really need to add people. Prefer to earn my friends by people seeing my posts, not so much accepting my requests
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I very rarely send requests. When I do I include about a line of text to let them know where I found them or if we've connected before. I genuinely don't care if people don't send a note with their requests. I like when I get a note, but it's a bonus, not a requirement for me. Hitting "remove friend" is the answer to a mistaken friend acceptance.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Actually it works both ways, 2 of the people who sent friend requests to me had messages and I hardly hear from one and the other hasn't been on in a very long time without any kind of contact.

A message doesn't garantee a good friend.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I agree, but I have sent requests with and without messages.
    I usually send the request without the message if I have just left a comment to something the person has posted.
    Probably bringing Facebook habits to MFP
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I don't worry about a note. I figure I'll get to know who they are and if the "friendship" is not compatible then I can fix that later. But, in the meantime, if I can offer even a little bit of support to someone who needs it, then I will give it a shot. You never know - it could mean the difference between success and failure.

However - I always send a message if I am requesting the friendship . . .
  • cairns19
    Options
    When I started 2 days ago, a bunch of random people reached out and sent me requests without messages and I really appreciated it. It helped make me feel like part of this community.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it's a friend request. I think they are checking you out and pushing the wrong button.