clothing for hourglass figures?

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Hey all,

so I have an hourglass figure and trying to find clothes is torture.
I am a size 12/14 (aussie) atm but is really hard to find clothes as I have big hips! I have hardly any stomach left so everything is falling off at the front cos of that but have wide hips. Shirts are okay to find but for pants I have to wear tights or trackies or dresses all the time. Also, I have pretty slim legs now but my thighs are still massive so finding it hard.

HELP?!

Replies

• louisebear
    Options
    Hey the fashion this winter are leggings and jeggings, long cardies and tight long t-shirts or short dress plus ugg boots. Not sure if its cold enough where u live. have u thought about trying on jeans with strech in them then you can squeeze ur hips in and should then fit ur hips nicley. Im hour glass too and im loving my leggings and boots!! :O)
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Hey the fashion this winter are leggings and jeggings, long cardies and tight long t-shirts or short dress plus ugg boots. Not sure if its cold enough where u live. have u thought about trying on jeans with strech in them then you can squeeze ur hips in and should then fit ur hips nicley. Im hour glass too and im loving my leggings and boots!! :O)

lol i live in australia our days are 30+ degrees (86fahrenheit?) atm :)

also i am asking cos finding it hard to find nice work pants that fit properly!
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain :flowerforyou: I'm an hour glass as well. My top half is a size larger than my bottom half. When I buy trousers I have to buy them to fit my bum and belt the waist in. If I buy a dress I have to buy it to fit my bust but then it's too big around the hips. Can't win LOL
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I would recommend just wearing skirts. That is what I do. If you dont want to show your legs, just wear black tights or leggings underneath. :smile:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I would recommend just wearing skirts. That is what I do. If you dont want to show your legs, just wear black tights or leggings underneath. :smile:

True but I can't find work pants anywhere :/ arghh
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I feel your pain :flowerforyou: I'm an hour glass as well. My top half is a size larger than my bottom half. When I buy trousers I have to buy them to fit my bum and belt the waist in. If I buy a dress I have to buy it to fit my bust but then it's too big around the hips. Can't win LOL

Know what you mean about buying to fit the bust, I have gone from a G to a D so far, but they are still massive compared to the rest of me.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    have you tried the high waisted pants that are around at the moment, they are fitting through the waist but a bit looser over the legs:)
    glassons also has a classic cut bootleg pant ( i get these for work) and they fit just ontop of your hips so good for muffin top but i have large thighes too and they are super comfy:)
    i also wear leggings alot!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i live in fitted dresses with leggings
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I always wear dresses mainly because of this problem. I did find pants that sat on my hips were more likely to fit me than other styles of pants.

Another option is finding a pair of pants that fit your largest part (hips) and then getting them tailored to fit your waist and thighs.