Would you struggle through or wait?

Options
When I woke up on Friday the last few toes on my left foot were agony - they can barely move/bend etc. and I get little pangs of pain when walking, but I've gotten used to it now.
Today the pain is either getting less, or I'm getting used to it - not complaining either way.

However, I've still got today's and last night's shred to do, but I'm not sure if I should risk if in case I damage my foot further, or just leave it until I've seen a doctor/the pain goes away itself

What would you do in this situation?

Replies

• Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    Sometimes you need to work through discomfort, but sometimes you just need to recognise that pain is natures way of telling you to not do something.

A bunch of people on line can't tell you which situation this is... ;)
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I know that, and that's why I asked what others would do - a general consensus ;)

The pain isn't due to exercise at all. I was out on Thursday night and I'm not sure what damage I've caused my foot or how, but it definitely wasn't 30DS related.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing loss so far!
    I would definitely rest it until you see the doc or its better. I know it sucks to lose out on the exercise but you will only end up making it worse and it will be even longer before you can exercise again. Just make sure you stick to your calories. Could you do some toning exercises like tummy crunches etc to give your foot a rest? Hope you're better soon! X
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    Thank you :)

Yeah I thought about maybe just doing the stomach toning exercises from the shred instead of doing the whole thing (I'm only doing this again for my stomach really) but wasn't sure if that would be effective? x
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    okay, in that situation I would be tempted to make a start on your usual exercise, but giving yourself the proviso that you can stop without feeling guilty at any time if it becomes uncomfortable.

Either that, or maybe ditch the shred for a while, and try something like swimming instead (assuming that you can get your foot into the right position without pain to not be at risk in the water).

Now that I've started exercising regularly I know how demoralising it is to miss a day unplanned, but your health and well being comes first and if you rest up for a while now it may mean you can exercise better tomorrow.

Good luck either way... :)
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    me personally? I would see a doctor...feel better:flowerforyou:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    It really depends, is it swollen at all?

I would say rest it anyway and do some other type of exercise.

When I tore/snapped ligaments in my ankle I got really into bike riding and weights cos this doesn't require any ankle movement :) Hope that helps!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i say rest until u see a doctor... because u dont want to hurt urself more...
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    From experience, I let my foot pain remain untreated and kept walking (my cardio of choice)

It got to a point where I had to stay off it.

Said to self: 'hang the expense', eventually.

It is healing quicker than I expected and will be BETTER when I am finished treatment. Wish I had done something about it sooner.

BTW I did swimming as my fall-back cardio - always another way !