Cheat days ?

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
I think i am going to allow myself two cheat days a month. This month thanksgiving will be one of those days.

Anybody else allow themselves cheat days ?
How many ?

Replies

• dirtydirtydiana
    Options
    Here's a thread on the same topic; you might wanna check it out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/371343--rest-days-food
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    When I first started on this website. I was convience that I need to give myself a cheat day, or a day that I didn't count my calories. Yet, as the months went by I didn't find myself needing it anymore.

Though yes, I don't plan to limit myself on Thanksgiving. I will still be aware of the calories I am taking in, and I won't need that second plate.

It gets easier with time to say no, or to say "I am just not that hungry anymore."

Good Luck!
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I don't 'plan' cheat days, but they just happen sometimes.

Like this month I'll probably have two cheat days - Thursday just passed when I got a babysitter and could enjoy my friends gig with a few drinks and McDonalds after (albeit I was only at like 400kcal net beforehand) and today when I'm getting treated to lunch and dinner on a date.

Sometimes I'll have no 'cheat' days a month because I don't need to, but if it comes up well I won't stop living my life fully to eat healthy 100% of the time.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I give myself a cheat day once a week--usually Friday or Saturday. I eat about 300 extra calories, so I see it as having an extra meal (whether pizza, or an extra plate of dinner I made). It keeps me focused & it's sort of like my mental reward for doing okay during the week. :)
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I try to practice abstinence on a daily basis...I am a carboholic (flour products)...For me one bite is not enough and 1000 is too much.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I truly hate the word "cheat". People "cheat" on tests. I do not "cheat" when I eat more than I should. I am an adult and if I eat something it is because I chose to and I hold myself accountable. "cheating" implies you are doing something wrong. And if you apply "cheat" to food, you enforce the idea that food is the enemy and give it more power than it should have. I wasn't truly successful with losing weight until I took the power away from food and gave it to myself.

Sorry, I don't mean to jump on you, but I am pretty passionate about this particular topic.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    No cheating for me but when I eat some ice cream r cake it's just part of the daily calories...I have been cheating for 55 years time for me to walk da line....