Weapons of Mass Reduction (closed Group)

Options
Weapons of Mass Reduction (Group)
HMMCDOUGALD~as of 10-28-11 my weight is 233.9lbs and by Xmas My goal in 56 days (8 weeks)is to be 217.9lbs....
indianaangel~as of 10/28/11 my weight is 202. By December 23rd my weight WILL be 185 or less!
WStenger78~10/28/11 I weigh 153lbs and my goal by 12/23/11 is 143lbs (10 lbs loss).
momofacacia~Current weight is 178.8 by Christmas, I want to be 168. 10 pounds
nileighttig~28th November 11 my weight is 213 lbs and my Xmas goal in 56 days (8 weeks) is to be 206lbs.
Oberone~current weight is 326.9. By December 23rd my weight should be 305 lbs
Lady_Lucky~167.2, and by Christmas I intend to be 155
slorentzen~Currently at 286, puts me at 270 by Christmas
k_frank~CW: 202 Xmas GW: 187
marissology~Currently 233 and my CHRISTMAS weight goal is 216.

First Challenge: Set a Goal weight that you wish to be by Christmas!
(Please have a weight tracker) ~ Post here what you weigh and what your
Goal weight for Dec 23th is going to be(please keep in mind 1-2lbs a week is
healthy) Give a Christmas present to yourself by loosing!

Replies

• HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Mini Challenge................OMG it's almost time for Thanksgiving......And you know what that means to me beside turkey and family, MINI challenge!!!!

MINI CHALLENGE: Set a goal for yourself to loose(keeping in mind 1-2lbs a week is healthy) before November 23,2011(the day before Turkey day).....3weeks and 2 days(including today and the 23th)....Good Luck!!!!

Remember we are always there for you!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    TGIF!!!!

Hello and good morning!! I hope you all are going to have a great weekend..

Remember we have a mini challenge on top of our Christmas challenge!

Just to get myself in the mood I put my Xmas decorations up!!! A kinda of a reminder...
    I lost 2lbs :-) almost at the 10 lb mark yay me ---Will way again on Tuesday!!

I am a loser!!! Are you?
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yay on the 2lb loss! Keep it up.

I've only lost 0.5lb this week so far which kindof bums me but I lost 3lbs last week so I think my body's trying to even out. I weigh in for the week tomorrow, so we'll see how today goes. I did 30 day shred again yesterday and my shins are killing me. 2 days of Shred and 1 day of Zumba is tough. I'm doing Shred again today after work.

Next Tuesday I'm having surgery on my nose and sinsus. I'm getting a deviated septum fixed and they are unblocking my right sinus. I'm pretty nervous as I've never had surgery before. Nervous about the proceedure and about the pain after. Send any possitive vibes my way please. :) The part that sucks too is that I can't work out for 2 weeks after the surgery, so starting on Tues, I won't be able to do anything until the week after Thanksgiving.

I'm still looking to loose my 4lbs by Turkey day, maybe being laid up, I'll not eat as much and be sleeping. :)

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, happy Friday!! I had lost 1 lbs (for the mini goal)....and as of this morning gained 2. Ugh. I'm trying not to let it get to me because Aunt Flo is here, and from what I've heard that can mess with your weight. So I'll weigh in again next week, after that's done.

Today will be day 4 for me on the 30DS. I was incredibly sore yesterday and getting through last nights work out was brutal. However today I am feeling great and am kind of looking forward to my butt kicking work out.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Okay where is everyone? lol
  • Lady_Lucky
    Options
    Good luck everyone! Hope your Thanksgivings go well :)

I'm going to focus on losing some water weight at the moment going into exams because I won't have a lot of time to exercise. After exams are over at least I'll be back working and will be on my feet a lot more! Hopefully that'll help make up for the time I lose sitting down studying!
  • momofacacia
    Options
    I'm here! Busy couple of days this week! I'm back to posting and will weigh in on Wednesday! I try to weigh only once a week
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Ok....I have to change my clocks tonight....
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Good morning!!!! How is the group this morning????..I hope everyone is having a great weekend?!

I want you to tell me something about yourself you are liking since you have joined MFP!!!

I also want to hear about your own MFP goals!

And last but not least, why did you join MFP?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    As of 11-6-2011 I weigh 229.1 lbs :-)

What I am enjoying about myself since I joined MFP is my skin is glowing! Water does a body good..

My fitness goal is to be 160 when I go to my high school reunion and to be able to walk without huffing and puffing..

I joined because one day I realized I couldn't touch my toes or lean over to get something without straining..I thought to myself ,"damn I am only 28 years old this shouldn't be happening!"..So I joined.....

BTW I did not join Apr 2010 or I do not remember ever coming on this site?! Maybe MFP Glitch? lol

Hope to hear from you
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!! How is the group this morning????..I hope everyone is having a great weekend?!
    I want you to tell me something about yourself you are liking since you have joined MFP!!!

Morning! I'm doing well and loving this extra hour! In your face, Arizona!! hahaha!

Since joining MFP, I like that I'm finally eating what I should and I don't crave sweets. I've only had 2 pieces of my kids candy TOTAL, and that' because I was so tired (you crave sugar when you're tired)

My MFP goal is to continue to log my food and exercise. I have two main goals. First to get to a BMI of 24 (currently at 27.6). Then my final goal is to get to a BMI of 22. That will be a 36lb loss.

I joined MFP because my doctor recommended using it to help me lose weight.
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Options

I've only lost a few pounds, but I feel so much better! I sleep better at night (as well as I can with a 5 month old), I'm less tired during the day, my body feels stronger and even though it's only 9 pounds, my self esteem has had a little boost. :) I finally feel like I can do this!

My original goal was to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and into my pre preg clothes. Now that I've done that I'm focusing on the big goals. I'd like to be about 170. For my height it says I should be about 112, I think that's insane. I do not have the body type to weigh that much. I'd be a damn bombshell at 170.

I joined MFP on a whim, a lady on my birth board had mentioned it, said it was great, so I decided to check it out. So glad I did!!!
  • momofacacia
    Options
    I joined MFP several times and quit. I never took the time to log my food, and I never took the time to connect with other people whi share the same goals and same struggles.

It amazes me the number of people who feel the same.

I like that I have changed how I look at food since joining MFP. Logging has made a huge difference, and now that I get to work from home on my computer, it's so much easier to track. The mobile apps are nice too for when I'm out!

I joined after calculating my BMI one day and noticing that I was in the obese category. I was so upset, I knew things had to change that day!

My first main goal is to get better at not just logging my food and exercise, but also increasing and logging my water intake.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    How are y'all today? I am feeling great!!!!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Where are all the group members.....I think I may have to do some stalking! lol
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Options
    I'm having a rough Tuesday. I had gained a couple pounds and took it in stride. Blamed it on TOM and 30DS (turning fat to muscle) but this morning I had a heck of a time getting my pants on. 4 pairs of jeans and they're all tight. Tighter than they've been in weeks. So...I'm not ok with that. I talked to a girl I work with who has a degree in Fitness/Nutrition and she looked at my logs and stuff and thought maybe MFP miscalculated my daily calorie goal. According to MFP I should be eating about 1250, she thinks it should be closer to 1600. So maybe I'm not eating enough. Then I remembered that I have Hashimoto's and wondered if that could be affecting it. Turns out it can. So I don't know what to do. I'm frustrated and confused.

On a side note, today is day 8 on the 30DS and I'm really liking it. I definitely feel stronger and my endurance is better. Not getting any results....but I feel good. Physically anyways, mentally/emotionally I'm getting my butt kicked today. But tomorrow's a new day (can it be tomorrow now?!).
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I'm having a rough Tuesday. I had gained a couple pounds and took it in stride. Blamed it on TOM and 30DS (turning fat to muscle) but this morning I had a heck of a time getting my pants on. 4 pairs of jeans and they're all tight. Tighter than they've been in weeks. So...I'm not ok with that. I talked to a girl I work with who has a degree in Fitness/Nutrition and she looked at my logs and stuff and thought maybe MFP miscalculated my daily calorie goal. According to MFP I should be eating about 1250, she thinks it should be closer to 1600. So maybe I'm not eating enough. Then I remembered that I have Hashimoto's and wondered if that could be affecting it. Turns out it can. So I don't know what to do. I'm frustrated and confused.

On a side note, today is day 8 on the 30DS and I'm really liking it. I definitely feel stronger and my endurance is better. Not getting any results....but I feel good. Physically anyways, mentally/emotionally I'm getting my butt kicked today. But tomorrow's a new day (can it be tomorrow now?!).

Good luck hun..I completely understand! Okay feeling dumb what is 30DS
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Options
    30DS = 30 Day Shred. It's pretty awesome. I was terrified of it (mainly Jillian) at first, but she's not crazy like they always show on TV. And while it's tough, it's totally do-able and I feel great! I start level 2 tomorrow.

So...maybe a water weight funk, my pants all fit again! I weigh in tomorrow so we'll see what the damage is!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Good luck hun....I weigh in on Sunday....
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Options
    Woo hoo!! The 3 lbs I gained, I have re-lost, plus another pound! Puts me at 2 pounds down for the Turkey Day challenge (I'm not counting those 3 pounds I had to lose twice). Only 4 more to go!!