End of week 1 scared to weigh in

Options
ok, so due to check my weight in a few days, have been under calorie intake each day and exercised almost every day. Am scared that I will step on scales and see no weight loss :( I have heard that it's normal to not lose weight or even put it on in first week! I am a breastfeeding mum of a 3 month old so am Aldo finding it hard to get the balance between calorie intake and maintaining milk supply. Oh well, will find out on Tuesday if this week has paid off some :)

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! Make sure you're consuming an extra 600 calories a day due to breastfeeding... I would hate to see you lose your milk supply!
    Just remember, the scale is only a number, but your health is constantly improving! You're doing wonderfully- keep up the good work! :D
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Just think of the number on the scale as one tool among many in your weight loss efforts. It doesn't define you. But staying in blissful ignorance is not going to help you, either. At least...it wouldn't help me.
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared to weigh in and like shovav91 says - the number on the scale is just that - A NUMBER. If you are looking after yourself and being healthy then that's excellent! I pay more attention to my monthly weight loss than my weekly weight loss because my weight can fluctuate quite a lot. It takes a few weeks for your body to adjust to your new eating and exercise routine so don't beat yourself up in these early weeks :flowerforyou:
  • Moms3Kwa
    Options
    Good Luck!!!! I am sure that you will see results.
  • Abelrose
    Options
    I think you will be pleased at your weight loss! Staying under your caloric intake and exercising daily is THE formula for weight loss success. It doesn't happen over night. It's the consistency over the long term that wins the game. I breast fed my first child for six months and it was exhausting. I didn't breast feed my second child and I have a better relationship with him than my daughter. good luck.
  • StacyLynn8241
    Options
    Stay positive! If you don't see the results you are hoping for, don't give up! You can do it!!!! I think you will be pleasantly surprised! Keep us posted on how you did!