almond milk !

does anyone know if "silk unsweetend almond milk" is any good ? i wanted to try it but not sure if its tasty or not , its only 40 calories a cup :)

Replies

• sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    I love it! BUT I do not drink it plain I use it for shakes and chocolate milk.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    I love it as well! I like almond breeze better, but both are fantastic :D
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    i didnt like it, its too creamy and it has a weird color and that freaks me out... the taste was bearable though
  • ngcgurl03
    ngcgurl03 Posts: 207 Member
    I love almond milk I like it better than regular milk plus it is better for you in calories
    i also drink skim milk on occasion.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    I use trader joe's unsweetened vanilla almond milk for cereal, shakes, and baking.
  • bhawkins0711
    bhawkins0711 Posts: 92 Member
    I use the Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk. I do not like the taste of it by itself but use it in my protein shakes.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    I use it for shakes and cereals.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    I prefer the blue diamond variety but unsweetened almond milk is awesome. Put it in shakes, drink it straight, cook with it..it's versatile.
  • Same here...i use it for my protein shake, its pretty bland without it actually. It makes my protein shake taste better than using just water, and it saves on calories. Im lactose intolerant so its a great subsitute for milk in my case too. Try it out :)
  • I recently switch to this product. The taste is good. I no longer need to add sweeteners to my oatmeal in the mornings. Just a few raisins. I use the vanilla flavor.
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    I tried the Blue Diamond vanilla almond milk in my coffee to save calories over 1% cow's milk, but I wasn't a fan. Since then I've been using Silk original-flavor light soy milk in my coffee, and I definitely that.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    I like the Silk unsweetened if I'm adding it to stuff, like to make scrambled eggs. But as for drinking it alone, I find the taste kind of boring.

For drinking, I prefer Almond Breeze. Their unsweetened vanilla is 40 calories per cup, unsweetened chocolate is 45 calories per cup. So far I have only been able to find the unsweetened chocolate in the vacuum packs that are not refrigerated. But I don't mind, because the shelf life is really good on them and I can stock up.

I was always a milk lover, and drank skim. Now I can go back to my milk loving roots, and drink a 16 ounce glass and never feel guilty about the calories!
  • I use it to make my oatmeal instead of water, really sweet and good tasting.
  • I love it as well! I like almond breeze better, but both are fantastic :D

This! :)
    I use in my husband's protein shakes and the kid's cereal, cream of wheat and oatmeal; they can't taste the difference & I don't tell them I use it! LOL
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    I like it. I mostly use it for smoothies.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    My opinion:

Almond is lower calories but no good for coffee or straight. Good for cereals and other add-ins.
  • personally I LOVEEE it! I use 1 cup with my whey proteins and it tastes like a shake. I also put about 1 tsp or so in my coffee and I can taste the hint of almond. MMMMM>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • I use it to make my oatmeal instead of water, really sweet and good tasting.

Ohhhh...I'll have to try this!
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    I love vanilla almond milk. Can't have to much of it, because it wreaks havoc with my blood sugar...
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    I love it! BUT I do not drink it plain I use it for shakes and chocolate milk.

Ditto... I use it in my cereal but I also add nesquick no sugar choclate powder. I hate the taste of any milk. I also found that it works really well whey :)