NSV...I think

Options
Krisengel
Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
Last night while I was watching tv, I decided who cares about calories. I just wanted to sit down with a box of crackers and eat as many as I felt like. I ate one and then two. I savored each one and ate them slowly instead of stuffing my face. I ended up counting each one as I ate them and only ate one serving. After that one serving I was full! Instead of eating half the box like the old me would've I ended up only eating 130 calories! When did this happen? I love it!

Replies

• mmelledge
    Options
    Most definitely an NSV. It's important to pat yourself on the back, even for "little" victories!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know all about sitting down and eating half a box of crackers or half a bag of chips. I still don't trust myself not to do that so I count, measure or weigh a serving and put the rest up immediately.

It's a great NSV! And there are many more NSV's to come!:drinker:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Great!! Me too- one of the best resolutions I ever made was to not eat potato chips directly out of the bag LOL!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Be proud of yourself!! Salty snacks are tough to overcome!
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This is great! I loved when this happened to me too. It gives you proof that you're living a healthier life and your stomach is shrinking. Good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!