Vegan anyone?

Hello there my name is Sophia and I've recently lost 82lbs :). I am also newly Vegan. just about three months in and I LOVE the lifestyle but I find I am running into a wall. I only know ONE other Vegan and NO Vegans who are struggling with the same weight issues so I thought I would post on MFP and see if anyone wants to communicate some awesome advice on maintaining weight loss on a Vegan diet. Look forward to hearing from you! :)

Replies

• _JPH_
    _JPH_ Posts: 25
    PCRM.ORG has a lot of great info and there is a link to a recipe site they also run. Good luck....have not made the switch 100% myself but close.
  • I'm a vegan too! But I've only been a vegan for a few months, and I'm still getting into it.
  • Sophia, Check out EAT TO LIVE by Dr. Fuhrman . He calls himself a Nutritarian (Only eating high nutrient foods), but his diet is vegan with optional meat protien for 10% of your calories. His book is very informative, interesting to read, and has a healthy diet plan with recipes. He also has a website which you can google. My family started this program for health reasons, but I have already lost 13 lbs. and have bypassed my goal. I feel great!
  • SophiaElaine
    SophiaElaine Posts: 5 Member
    SOOOO I'm about a year or so late to respond, I fell off so hard, but I did want to say thank you for the information provided!