wii scale off?

Options
So I was really trying to avoid buying a scale but i may need to. Last night my wii said I weighed 157.7 pounds and this morning it said 149. I redid it 3 times but it was always around that. As much as I would like that to be possible, I know better. Has anyone had this happen to them? I'm pretty disappointed.

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I was relying on my wii scale and had to buy a real one, too
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit was always pretty accurate, so maybe you just need to change the batteries? Sometimes that helps. :-)
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    From experience...

If you are going to buy a scale, buy a good one. The first one I bought was $7.95 USD. It broke, but before it broke, I thought I had lost 50 pounds...really I had only lost about 25. Ego and motivational blow!

So the next set of scales $30...and so far, no problems. It will track the losses and gains for me too. Not that I want to see a gain, but I weigh every day before the morning routine of getting ready for work, and track once a week here.
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    Did you try to recalibrate it on the Wii menu to make sure that the machines are talking? I don't think its 100% accurate, but remember that your weight will fluctuate during the day. You're at your most natural weight in the morning and then gain throughout the day as you eat. Mine is usually off about 3-4 pounds on any given day -- but I'm usually on it at 7 at night after I've stuffed myself all day.
  • dkvote
    dkvote Posts: 58
    Options
    Mine was only 1 lb off from the doctor scales and has only been moving a tiny bit at a time...I hope it is accurate! Oh and I can gain/lose 6-8 lbs overnight with too much sodium or a water pill to lose the excess water. I have high BP and take a water pill if I forget...yikes on the scales! Oh and floor placement makes a difference too...I always put mine in the same spot on the floor.
  • DGomez22
    Options
    It's happen to me, for me it's been pretty accurate. I have a scale and they stay within range of each other. That's why I believed my wii.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well, sometimes it may differ depending on how many clothes you say you're wearing and all that it may over estimate, or underestimate, but even if you buy a scale, it may do the same to you, I have a new one at home and it does the same, sometimes it gives me the exact same weight for days and days! just when I wake up and even when I'm going to bed!! that is sooo weird. Sometimes it tells me I'm lighter and when I weigh myself a second time then I'm like 3 lbs heavier all of a sudden!! and my parent's scale does exactly the same... it's such a pain, as you don't know which reading to trust!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    your weight always flutates every 2 hrs. It also can be the type of flooring u are using -- I found that if i had the wii board ON carpet, my weight was a lot lower than it really was, so now I check my weight on hardware flooring and its always pretty accurate now -- I compare it with the bathroom scale -- My bathroom scale only says .00 or .50 so I use the wii as my official scale.
  • katyclev
    katyclev Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would definitely check the batteries. I don't see how it could be off if you weigh yourself at the same time, wearing the same thing.
    I use my wii and its always been pretty accurate. I only weigh myself once a week though.

Oh and also, is your wii board on carpet or hardwood, that makes a difference too
  • aghaller
    aghaller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use my real scale but my Wii scale has a margin of error, depending on the weight of our clothing. I always wear the same workout clothes and workout the same time of morning when I can. So, taking into account the weight of my clothes, the wii is pretty good.
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    my wii scale is same as scales in bathroom :)
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii scale, and when I weigh in at the Dr is it always right on. It also may depend on where you are using it...are you using it on a hard surface? I agree with checking the batteries, your clothes (I try to wear a very similar outfit every time), and calibration.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Wii fit for a Christmas gift to myself....wish I could open it!! UGH!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    So I was really trying to avoid buying a scale but i may need to. Last night my wii said I weighed 157.7 pounds and this morning it said 149. I redid it 3 times but it was always around that. As much as I would like that to be possible, I know better. Has anyone had this happen to them? I'm pretty disappointed.

Your weight fluctuates up to 10 pounds in any 24 hour period. You can't compare the scale at night to the scale in the morning. Were you wearing the exact same clothes? How heavy was the food in your stomach last night, that was digested and gone by the morning? How about water? If you want to test accuracy and consistency, you have to test at the same time, under the same conditions.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    When you weigh at night its always higher then in the morning. Weigh at same times each day is whats best to do
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It has brand new batteries so I don't think that is it. My living room is all carpeted so that may be the issue but both readings were on the carpet. The only thing I can think of is standing on the coffee table and that just sounds like a bad idea.