Really I dont like this ME!

Options
I have been doing so good the last 3 months ! a few cheat days but never a full out ****ty day . The last couple weeks i have only lost 1 pound and all movtivation and i HATE it i am snacking all the time i am trying really hard to the energy to work out and i am just feeling really lost i feel like i am going back to my old ways and i am sooo scared of that . any suggestions and how does everyone make it through this is they have ver hit this problem :)

Replies

• hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing! Emotionally my heart is not in it right now and I too feel lost. Would love to hear what others have to say.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I could have written this myself! I literally am going through the EXACT same thing. For the past 3 1/2 months, I was unstoppable. Not losing very quickly, BUT I was steadily seeing a downward trend and I NEVER even wanted to cheat. My eye was certainly on the prize. I felt strong and empowered. I never made excuses. Fast forward until now (and about the past week) .... I gained a couple lbs which has shot my motivation and I don't seem to know how to get back on the wagon. I know that IF I get back on now, I'll be ok...BUT I can't make myself do it. I am scared and keep psyching myself out. AHHH I had such an emotional detachment from food before... I ate to fuel my body and that was that. NOW I am rationalizing bad decisions and having to do crazy things like dump soap on food before I go and finish it because my willpower is shot. I don't have any good advice but I do know that you're not alone.
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    We have all been there, ....I feel like I derailed a little this week too with social outings where I made poor choices and added unnecessary calories with drinks. Just get up and get moving,......a walk anything ,.....shake the doubts away, you can change and not let old habits come back to haunt you. At least you recognize it,
  • leannmr2002
    Options
    I too am at this point...just think of how far you've come already and the results you see and feel....its motivation to keep on going. Everyone has a crappy day or 2 once in a while. I try to think of if I "screw up" that I can change the rest of the day on what I eat....don't have to blow the whole day because I screwed one "meal" up. Hope this makes sense...lol Good luck, it's a struggle but I am learning it's well worth it! I love seeing results!
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes!!!! Thanks SOO much for posting this. I am in the EXACT same spot and am really struggling. Everyone else always seems to be doing so much better. LOL...What are we going to do people?????? How do we get our motivation back? Today I have just tried to focus on other things. I did some exercise, some cleaning, anything to get myself moving and quit thinking about food and eating. I have been told in the past just get busy doing something and that usually helps. Anybody have any other suggestions???
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    First off stop HATING you. You can love a person with all your heart, but not APPROVE of what they do for a living. Same has to be with you. Like yourself, just change the habits you disapprove of. Disliking yourself is one of the main reasons people fall into failure at most things they try to attempt. So do I what tell my clients to do. Post a sticky up on your bathroom mirror, your fridge, and your car visor saying "I LIKE MYSELF UNCONDITIONALLY!" and say it outloud to yourself once a day. Trust me it will change the way your confidence will grow and with confidence you change other things in your life.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    We all hit these plateau's .... especially in the beginning when we haven't built up the confidence to ride them out.....

First remember.... this isn't a short term change we're doing.... this is for life.....

second...... back up and take honest evaluation.... get enthused.... talk yourself back into this.... why are we doing it? Because we HAVE TO....

third... be firm with your body.... don't give in and let it have a day off, or an extra snack cuz things aren't working anyway..... BE STRONG... if it's not working today it WILL work tomorrow.... you KNOW that going back to your old habits won't help.... Listen to your body and what it's really asking for, give it water water water and make sure you are taking a multi vitamin with b12 and iron....they will perk you up and give you more energy!

You CAN do this.... it's just a matter of retraining your mind and body...... and that takes time.....
  • aliburstall
    Options
    You're in a plateau. I've hit it. And three months is about the time. The way to get out of the plateau is to increase food while not increasing calories (IE - eat a few more greens, spinach, etc,) so you feel full all the time without wrecking your calorie count, and do a few more exercise sessions a week. I find three extra sessions kick start me again and I start seeing more results again. Maybe go up a level on your weights for strength training. Your body adjusts to your changes after 21 days. Another thing that might help is if you've had at least three weeks of strict calorie control and exercise, take a day where you have some junk food and don't exercise. Remember to be good to yourself.
    Also, bear in mind that muscle weighs much more than fat. Even if you aren't losing pounds, you might be losing fat, but gaining muscle. Take a measurement with a tape measure. And most importantly, don't get discouraged if you plateau, just keep being good to your body.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    It is so good to know that I'm not alone, that others are going through the same thing. The last couple of weeks I've been so discouraged thinking I'm doing something wrong. I just can't seem to loose right now and it's driving me crazy. I was loosing slow and steady, always loosing though, and then the last couple of weeks have just yo yo'd. So thanks for posting this, at least I know I'm not the only one.
  • Maid4richie
    Maid4richie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys sooo much for making me feel less alone !!! i love this site more now then ever ,i felt sooo out of it :)
  • wendy7676
    wendy7676 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been there too this last few weeks. With all the junk food in store for the holidays. And I eat when I get stress out and this time of year is hard. But for some reason I lost more with it ????? But it made me feel yucky eating like that again. All I can say is we will have bad days. But here and there it is ok as long as we get back on track and that is were this site really helps. I alwasy think do I want to post that I ate a donut nope so I am not going to eat it.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Make a list of why you DESERVE to be fitter and healthier. You may find you realise that you respect yourself much more than you think you do. When you are starting to realise that you have worked so hard to be where you are and that sticking to it can't possibly be as hard as it was to get started maybe you will feel that you would rather stick it out now than have to go through the misery of starting over at a later date,
    You deserve this, you have worked so hard. Give yourself the credit you deserve and get your body moving, you know you will feel better if you do. If you really can't help the 'cheats' figure out how much exercise you would need to do to work it off and choose wisely. I believe in you, you have come so far already. You inspire people like me who are just starting out.