To all the haters and no it alls

Options
Hi everyone,

If your reading this then you know what i'm talking about...........

There are a few people on here who seem to think they have all the answers and know everything there is about health, nutrition and training. Now i am the first to admit i'm no expert but what i do know is i used to be a personal trainer, i've played rugby professionally and i have also been in the armed forces. I know what a body can put up with and adapt too. What i also know is that i'm humble enough to know that i don't have all the answers which is why i am re training as a trainer to get up to date with nutrition and training techniques.

When i try and help people i do it because i tend to know a little bit more than the average person on the street, now i know i'm not perfect and i don't always follow my own advice which is why i ended up on here in the first place. But please don't try and say my advice is rubbish or try to pass it off as your own, if you don't know keep your mouth shut and don't say a word. I know some are really trying to help but this can have bad effects and negative results for the people you are trying to help. We are all on here for reasons best known to the individual and i admire anyone who wants to make positive changes to there health and well being and prolong there life.

I doff my cap to all the hard working people who really are getting on with it and doing well and to all the others who like to ***** and moan, GO ELSWHERE, your negative attitude and bad advice are not needed, wanted or asked for.

Replies

• stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    Well said
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    People give advice because they DO think they know the answer. I appreciate the sentiment of this post, but I fear that the people it is directed towards will not recognise themselves.

Thank you for trying though, and I hope I'm wrong.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Thank you for trying though, and I hope I'm wrong.

You aren't wrong. Sorry.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Rule #1: Creating a post of this nature is just asking to be flamed, bashed, criticzed, SMH'd, etc etc.

Rule #2: When in doubt, refer back to rule #1.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    *know

People give advice because it IS asked for. Of course they think they are right, otherwise they wouldn't give said advice. You can't help that some people think they know what's right and don't.
  • tweety170
    Options
    *know

LOL this.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It's the internet....no one has more credibility then anyone else. Respect has to be earned and even then. Just write what you have to write then wash your hands of it. It's not worth the aggravation.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, people are responsible for themselves. There's a wealth of information available including credible and not so credible ones.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I think the majority of us are smart enough to pick and choose what advice we like and will follow. This is the internet after all, and even if people don't do research before they ask for advice, maybe they will do so after, and THEN make a decision.

I have a few people on my friends list that I friended solely to keep track of their posts because I think they know a lot. Even so, they have written things I won't go along with just because they know their stuff. No one can know everything.

If people stick around long enough and read enough of the daily info on certain subjects like "starvation mode" and HCG, they will eventually see the light, whatever the light might be for their particular circumstance.

I do like your post because it reminds me to try and keep my mouth shut because I really don't know jack **** except for what has worked for me. :bigsmile:
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    *know

LOL this.

haha, yeh i noticed just as i clicked post and then could not change it, oh well sh1t happens. Glad i made you smile as you clearly had nothing else to add to the post.
  • CraziiPrettiiMILF
    Options
    i heart you for this
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I thought the whole idea of "learning" is that you can listen and pick up the advice etc. and then it does become your own!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    We are all given so much info- much of it very bad- in regards to weight loss. From years of bad info, I think that a lot of people think they know what they are talking about.