c-section

Options
I had a c-section in august 2009, i healed fine (little scar) but i have this "belly flap" some of it is fat but i think most of it is skin and i dont know how to get rid of it anyone have any ideas ?

Replies

• 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    talk to your doc. maybe its something they didn't fix properly. I had a c section with th triplets and I only have fat!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    mommy aprons are typical with c-sections. I had one but had a TT to repair it.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Definitely check it out. My ex waited for about 18 years, and it turned into a costly repair job, for something the original OB could have fixed quickly.
  • sosayscyndi
    sosayscyndi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c sections 13 months apart, and the third 8 months ago, i have weird stuff he said was scar tissue...not cute.
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section in august 2009, i healed fine (little scar) but i have this "belly flap" some of it is fat but i think most of it is skin and i dont know how to get rid of it anyone have any ideas ?
    I had tummy tuck it was the only place that would not go away after alot of exercise!
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think i have come to the conclusion to exercise until i am at my ideal weight and then look into a tummy tuck... i hope i can get it fix on my own and not resort to a tummy tuck

THANKS EVEYONE!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I had 2 c sections 13 months apart, and the third 8 months ago, i have weird stuff he said was scar tissue...not cute.

My Doc cut me in two different places. I started to grow keloids along my scars, as well as the scar tissue basically growing into itself. So yeah, not pretty and also uncomfortable.

Tummy Tuck (although only 1 week post) and I'm super thrilled with the results. No amount of clean eating and exercise would've helped that area. I do know people who are genetically blessed and look AMAZING after c-section and pregnancy.
  • shesgrand
    shesgrand Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had my C-section almost 17 years ago. My belief is that the Dr. should have sewn it tighter, but they usually don't. I asked about it soon after giving birth and his reply was, "some women have it and some women don't"(the flap), what a cop out. So I live with it, I guess I could get a tummy tuck, maybe some day.
    If there is any way to get him to tighten it, do it now, so you will save money later. I guess we are all in the C-section club together. I think Dr.s should be trained to consider the patient's long term well being even if it is cosmetic when they do a procedure like that. Just my opinion.
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

My Doc cut me in two different places. I started to grow keloids along my scars, as well as the scar tissue basically growing into itself. So yeah, not pretty and also uncomfortable.

Tummy Tuck (although only 1 week post) and I'm super thrilled with the results. No amount of clean eating and exercise would've helped that area. I do know people who are genetically blessed and look AMAZING after c-section and pregnancy.

MY MOTHER .. she had 3 kids and her last one was a c-section and she doesnt have the "mommy apron" :/
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    You may want to look into tightening the area through "Tupler Technique". It rehabs your abs after pregnancy or diastasis. I tried the exercises and while I definitely strengthened my core, I still had a whole hand separation between my abs. So not only did I have the apron from losing the weight after baby, I continued to look like I was expecting because of the separation between my abs.
    I worked on my physique for 3 years before deciding to get my TT. It's not an easy surgery - believe it or not hurt more than my c-sections, but I think it was worth it after exhausting all my options.