WHAT was that number on the scale?

Options
Yep. This morning I saw a number on my gym scale I've never seen before. A Twitter pal told me about this site last week, and I decided it was time. I've been working out for years, but I'm a very picky eater and haven't been eating well. Plus, this summer, my job (crazy snafu) didn't pay me for two months, and I was super depressed and had a foot injury - so I couldn't jog. I gained a whole lot of weight very quickly.

Things are back on track, though, and I need to put my health before anything. Plus, I'm single and 30 and want to look good. So. I have added Zumba to my workouts during the week to take the place of jogging. I will still jog on weekends occasionally, but I kind of need my foot.

Today was a special 90-minute Zumba, and I swear I just keep expecting to lose 10 pounds during those classes. Alas, it hasn't happened yet. :)

12540781.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
So here I am, willing to give this a shot. I'm ready to feel good again.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Make it a lifestyle and not a diet. Good luck:drinker:
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You'll do great. Like dls06 this is a lifestyle change not a diet. My biggest tip if to remember to get 5 servings of fruit and vegetables in every day. It makes a huge difference.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That number got me here, too! Welcome and good luck!
  • thepickygirl
    Options
    Thank you guys! Yes, I certainly can't call it a diet. I think that little word is the devil. ;)

But yes, veggies, fruits, portions. All of it.
  • NYirish75
    Options
    Welcome. We're all here to help encourage, inspire, motivate and whatever else you may need.
  • NYirish75
    Options
    Welcome. We're all here to help encourage, inspire, motivate and whatever else you may need.