November Shred-It Challenge Day 5

Options
We're at Day 5 already!

I know for a lot of people the weekends can be a hard time to stay on track. So let's make a pact that we'll all try our best to Shred and eat well. It'll be a challenge, but that's why we all signed up to this board - for the challenge.

Good luck everyone! Have a great Saturday!

Replies

• cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    YAY! Woke up this morning with barely ANY soreness!! I'm actually looking forward to my shred today :)
  • mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    Woke up feeling terrible...Im getting the really bad cold thats been going around my family. Boo!! I sucked it up though and took some cold meds/ and some Emergen-C. I completed Day 7 , now only 3 more days until I start Level 2.

I also have to say that Im ALREADY seeing a difference in my body. My husband said that I feel like Im getting tighter when he was feeling my midsection. Im so excited for the end results....just gotta fight this cold.
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hey All! So I have to admit ... I took a day off from SHRED on Thursday because I literally was winceing in pain when I was just WALKING! never mind doing all those squats and lunges!!! .. However, I did make it to the gym on thursday night and did some jogging so that was good (even though it was painful!) .. Yesterday (Fri), I did just the 30DS. Wasn't as sore as the past few days ... and today I woke up not sore at all! .. I think I'm getting sick too ... I just feel like laying in bed!!! I am currently in the procress of studying for the GRE which I will take on Nov 17th; so my life for the next few weeks will be studying, gym and sleeping ...... Today I plan on going to the gym and I will probably do some lunges & squats there ... just because I dont know how if I'll be able to do the Shred today..... It's better than nothing, right??

Wooohoo! lets goo! Can't wait to get to level 2!!
  • FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Right on Jen!

In my mind I'm halfway through Level 1 and I'm not stopping now! Woke up with no major soreness just that lovely minor soreness of muscles getting fit and fat burning off . . .

Late night at work so - late start but I'm not stopping!

Lisa :bigsmile:
  • FitChic13
    Options
    SHRED - D5L1 - Done!

I feel great! Next 5 days will be an excellent prep for Level 2.

I feel
    1. Engergized
    2. Empowered
    3. Strong
    4. Am sleeping so well

Why would I want to stop? :love: this!

Happy Shredding!

• starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I did Day 5 today. I am not sore at all anymore.I hope by day 10 that I will no longer struggle with the exercises that I do. I am already noticing my arms changing. I am loving the change. I was soo thrilled this am. The pound that I gained back after losing for 1 day had disappeared again.
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    SHRED - D5L1 - Done!

I feel great! Next 5 days will be an excellent prep for Level 2.

I feel
    1. Engergized
    2. Empowered
    3. Strong
    4. Am sleeping so well

Why would I want to stop? :love: this!

Happy Shredding!

I have to agree with you. I am feeling the same way. I am definetly sleeping soo much better. I don't want to leave level 1. I couldn't resist a sneak peak and checked out level 2 and it scares me.lol
  • lpaulin1
    Options
    I just finished day 5 shred - yippee! About weekends being difficult, yes, but I agree -- we signed up for the challenge aspect of it, so we need to try to make it happen. When I told my husband, I have to do my exercise now, he said, "well, cleaning house is good exercise and we still have a lot of cleaning to do." (We've been cleaning all morning.) I just said, "nope, gotta do this. It'll only be 20 minutes." Family can be the worst sabateurs!

Feeling great though - definitely got into it today with full effort (see day 4 post). I really hate jumping jacks though. They had us do lots of those in my summer bootcamp, so I guess they must be good, but I have not started hating them any less. Wonder if that will ever change?

So, happy rest of the weekend - talk to y'all tomorrow!
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Was so pumped for day 5 and i thought i could do both level 1and 2. :noway: the walking pushups on L2 were disastrous. I guess I still need to conquer the Remaining 5 days.
  • FitChic13
    Options
    I just finished day 5 shred - yippee! About weekends being difficult, yes, but I agree -- we signed up for the challenge aspect of it, so we need to try to make it happen. When I told my husband, I have to do my exercise now, he said, "well, cleaning house is good exercise and we still have a lot of cleaning to do." (We've been cleaning all morning.) I just said, "nope, gotta do this. It'll only be 20 minutes." Family can be the worst sabateurs!

Feeling great though - definitely got into it today with full effort (see day 4 post). I really hate jumping jacks though. They had us do lots of those in my summer bootcamp, so I guess they must be good, but I have not started hating them any less. Wonder if that will ever change?

So, happy rest of the weekend - talk to y'all tomorrow!

Ooooowwhh! Let me at that man and I'll tell him "yep, it's good exercise for you too!":devil:
    Go Girl, keep it up, don't let ANYONE stop you!

Lisa:happy:
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just did my Day 5 shred. Really late start- after 9PM, but it was great. I've been running afterward and it's been nice. I did a slow mile with my bulldog and then an additional 3.5 miles on my own. Probably not a smart idea to run outside around 10PM, but I had a real Forrest Gump moment, 'I just felt like running', lol. It's funny because I felt like crap all day and even had a cramp throughout my entire run, but I wasn't tired at all. Now I'm ready to clean the house for the rest of the night! More energy now than I have had all day...