tofu ideas?

At Von's tofu was on sale for 99 cents a pack. So I bought one silken and one firm. Anyone have a yummy recipe for me to try?

Replies

• With firm tofu, it's really good if you rub it with olive oil and curry powder and grill it so it gets nice stripes on both sides. With sauteed vegetables and rice, delicious and not too many calories :)
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Make sure you use a recipe from some one who knows how to cook it. You can look up allrecipes.com and type in tofu. I tried to wing it and won't be trying it again for a while.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    ive used firm tofu as a substitute for ricotta cheese and made stuffed shells...just blend it up with some pesto and spinach ..stuff the shells and put some sauce and cheese on top.. cover and bake til the shells are done
  • blondebiker
    blondebiker Posts: 19 Member
    I just made tofu chili this week. It tasted great, perfect for chilly weather and the recipe makes enough for several days!

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/392?utm_source=Responsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2011_10_19_Recipe
  • leenites
    leenites Posts: 166 Member
    I add soft tofu to my oatmeal. It tastes awesome. Oatmeal + banana + tofu (optional: + egg) is a protein-packed healthy breakfast that tastes super good (for me at least.)