LapBand surgery in 1.5 weeks! Need buddies!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm new to this, and I'm not super great with words (please forgive me). I'm having LapBand surgery on the 17th and started my pre-op diet a few days ago. It's been tricky, a lot of people think I'm crazy for having surgery right before Thanksgiving. I'm ready for this, though, and I would love to meet some new friends who are going through the same/similar experiences!

Replies

• nursemommypaige
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me...I had the sleeve about 7 weeks ago.
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I was banded almost 3 years ago. Feel free to add me. Good luck!!!
  • Johnso53
    Options
    Hey there! I was banded a few years ago, but had complications and revised to the sleeve. Are you on ObesityHelp.com? You need to make whatever the best choice is for you, but just make sure you research the stats on the band and are comfortable with your chances of getting to goal. PubMed.gov is a great site to check out some research. I will tell you that I didn't realize how high the complication rate was and how low the excess weight loss rate was when I went under the knife the first time. I wish I had.

Okay, debby-downer moment over! Best of luck in whatever you decide and feel free to friend me!

Lindsey
  • candeebandland
    Options
    Lapband almost 2 years ago! Any other lapbanders feel free to friend me as well!
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome, I was banded in Aug 2011. This site is amazing. Friend request coming your way.
  • dmarie71
    dmarie71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i was banded July 2011...i have lost about 30 lbs but i just feel the weigh is not coming off of me quick enough. i started tracking what i eat and i think im not eating enough...well thats what this site has told me..LOL Anyone have any suggestions..