Tiny but significant binge-eating NSV

Options
I just fought some Nutella on toast and won!
I am home alone and struggle with evening binges and tonight was no exception. I went into a bit of a trance (I know some of you understand!) and made it as far as making toast and smothering it in Nutella before....putting the lot in the bin!
It was hard but the fact I'd put effort into healthy eating and exercise for the rest of the day made me not want to ruin it.
Here's to more victories!

Replies

• Fantastic!!! Good job!
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That is great dedication!
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Well done you I am a great eater all day but once 7pm hits I'm just terrible I have been know to just eat my why through the kitchen in the evening so I feel your pain. That's a great step well done again :smile:
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    THIS IS AWESOME!!! Big congrats! I am a struggling closet binge eater myself and I know what a big step this was for you! Great job!! :flowerforyou:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Great job! I totally understand the trance thing. You conquered it - yay!
  • ZennzayK
    Options
    Nutella is the devil... can someone tell me what NSV means?
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I am so incredibly proud of you! I am the same way, once I start I often can't stop. This is such an inspiration! It just goes to show how much power we truly have. I'm going to think of you next time I want to binge. Thank you so much for sharing :D
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the devil... can someone tell me what NSV means?

non scale victory
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    NSV - non scale victory
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done! I've done the same or even taken food out of my mouth and thrown it out after realizing I really didn't need what I thought I needed. Hard to overcome that impulse, though, to not waste food that most of us were taught while growing up.
  • Gr33nstars
    Options
    Aw thanks everyone :-) Haha, Nutella IS the devil!
    Great to know I'm not the only one who experiences the trance and struggles with evening eating which gets harder when the nights are darker.
    I think until recently I didn't even acknowledge I had a choice, i.e. once the food was prepared then resistance was futile!
    Drinking a cup of tea instead now... Have a good evening everyone x
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Great news (looks up content of Nutella).

We have Salada Crackers here and I thought they were 'healthy', well only if you have 2 of them !

My weakness is fruit and nut mixes (well, anything more-ish of course).

Proud of you.

Easier to defeat the enemies when we know what they are .... thanks MFP !
  • Shastinalynn
    Shastinalynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    oh that Nutella is a tricky beast. Well Done!
  • kris10el
    Options
    One of the things that I find the most helpful is not to have any enablers/traps in my environment. So even though I absolutely ADORE Nutella, I haven't bought any. If it's not in my house, I can't eat it and therefore don't have to fight those battles.

Good for you!
  • Gr33nstars
    Options
    One of the things that I find the most helpful is not to have any enablers/traps in my environment. So even though I absolutely ADORE Nutella, I haven't bought any. If it's not in my house, I can't eat it and therefore don't have to fight those battles.

Good for you!

Yes, very good advice, thank you :-) Like you I try not to have such foods in the house whenever possible... Alas, the Nutella isn't for me - tricky things, families!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!