A Small Victory

Options
bllowry
bllowry Posts: 239 Member
...but huge to me :smile:

My office is in the lower level of our home and over the summer my lovely husband rebuilt the stairs and closed in the treads. Prior to him doing that I simply swept the treads clean and then swept the floor under the stairs to finish. Since he added risers he's been cleaning them as I simply couldn't get back up from kneeling on my own. Today whilst cleaning I noticed the stairs needed a good sweeping and proceeded to clean them using a hand vacuum without giving it a second thought. It wasn't until I was cleaning the dust bin on the vacuum that it hit me I had repeatedly gotten up and down without assistance! Not bad for an old lady with arthritic knees! :laugh:

Replies

• Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well done you! Isn't it great when you find yourself doing stuff you couldn't do before! Like to be a friend?
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    yay!.....

I remember the first time I ran up the stairs..... I got almost to the top and I realised and started yelling at my kids....

I"M RUNNING UP THE STAIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to which my kids replied... no running in the house.... you wanna run you go outside!..... so I did ;)
  • Bunnyboo82
    Bunnyboo82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! Kudos to you! I bet you feel like a million bucks, and you should!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thanks! And jazzelea, your post made me laugh out loud!

Fatbuster205 (love your name) you have a message :smile:
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. And what is even better is that it just "happened" without you thinking about it.

Next time I clean my stairs, I'll think about your post, and try to look at the positive aspect - ie that I am ABLE to clean my stairs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!