10 down by Christmas (CLOSED) ::Team 5:: Week 1

Options
Hey Team 5! Just wanted to give you an opportunity to introduce yourself or anything you want :flowerforyou:

I will start. My name is Bri, I am currently in the Air Force, and I am starting an Accelerated Pathway to my Bachelors in Nursing in January. I will be super busy so I am trying to get to my goal weight before I start the program, hopefully it will be easier to maintain it and all. :smile: I don't have any kids, but I have a boyfriend who is currently deployed overseas and I wanna look gooood for him when he gets back. :love: I ran the Air Force Marathon last month, and am currently just trying to maintain my ability to run long distances.

How about you guys?

Replies

• ParisPenguin
    ParisPenguin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the introduction, Bri! Congrats on the marathon! That's amazing!

My name is Jeannine, but I have lots of nick names: J9, Bean, Neaner... so just pick what you like and go with it (or come up with one of your own)!

I'm 27 and live in Pittsburgh, PA. I had a few phases in my life where I was at a weight I'm happy with, but when I moved to Pittsburgh (about 2 years ago) I put a bunch of it back on. I've been a member of MFP for a while, and was doing well in the beginning...but lately I've been absentee.

I have a boyfriend of 3 years who I live with, and a cat named Brody. Both of them drive me nuts! I know my boyfriend is happy with the way I am, but I'm not...and I want to start feeling good for myself! I'm looking forward to going home for the holidays, but of all of my cousins and sisters (who are girls) and male cousin's wives, I am the heaviest, and really want to jump start my weight loss again so I don't hate the way I look when I get home for the holidays. (Looking back at pictures of myself and feeling disgusted is the hardest part.)

I can't wait to meet everyone, and am really looking forward to keeping up with this!

Let's go team 5!!!!
  • sunburstmo
    sunburstmo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 5!! I am Monique 31 years old wife and mother of 2. I did so good last year and lost almost 20 pounds and then the summer hit and i made excuse after excuse on why i could not excercise. Then all of the cookouts and vacations just put the weight back on. So i am starting over and hopefully will stick with it this time.

Wow Bri you are my new Idol! Jeannine you are going to look Fab when you go home for the holidays!

SW 196
    CW 189
    GW 145
  • nothingisred
    Options
    Hello Team 5, lovely to meet you all!

My name is Jade, I'm 21 and from the UK, originally from London but currently living in Bath.

I currently work as an admin assitant and weighbridge operative at the local tip (glamorous I know!), it's extremely tedious but it pays the bills. I'm also studying for my degree in Fashion Marketing and Promotion at the London College of Fashion on a distance learning course, so effectively I'm working full time and studying full time. Add in going to the gym 4-6 times a week and I'm pretty busy!

My weight has yoyo'd for probably about the last 10 years. When I was 18 I was close to my ideal weight but have just piled on the pounds since then through becoming complacent in a long term relationship and eating all of the junk food my ex used to eat. I started trying to lose weight properly again about 6 months ago and after I lost a few pounds I then split up with my boyfriend and went on a biscuit diet for a while! But now I'm overhauling my lifestyle for a completely new me.

SW 175 (although I think I was more like 180 at my very heaviest)
    CW 170
    GW 135
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi team 5! I'm Shanna. I'm 30 and unmarried. I have a boyfriend of six months named Josh. He's been really supportive of me wanting to lose weight. I live in Killeen, Texas and most of my family is here with me. I'm looking forward to really being able to lose the weight this time around. I've tried and tried over the last few yeaars, but this time I think I can do. Go Team 5!!
  • garangirl
    Options
    Hi! I'm Dwan, and I just hit 40 this month. I'm long married with three boys. We live in NW Florida, where I work as a bookmonger at a venerable (for around here) bookstore in a town called Seaside. (This town is where the movie The Truman Show was filmed.) I've decided enough is enough, it's time to get the weight off, for me and my goals. I also want to be able to be there for my kids as they grow into their adulthood. I'm working on it, though I have hypothyroidism - it's slow-going right now.

Also, I came down with a BAD ear infection this week (!?) after I signed up for this challenge. It'll probably be a few more days before I'm back at it. o.0

Anyhoo, I'm really keen on this, and look forward to the challenge!! Nice to meet you all! ^_^
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I'm Danny - real one too. Not a Daniel! Very hard for people (including my friends) to believe!

I'm 24 years old and quite a well build lad, I have never been skinny but I have always been fine, fit and strong enough to play my sports and to look ok! I live in Sheffield, England which I love (as i'm sure everybody loves their home town), have a Degree in Quantity Surveying and am current working as an account manager for a design firm.

I have put close to 3 stone (42 pounds) on in the last 2 years which happened slowly and now I'm bringing it back to my goal weight which is 210. I have a feeling that I will want to carry on a bit further but in the past thats been the weight that works for me! I did a 10k 3 weeks ago in my city after not much training in 1.03.22 which I am determined to get down! The goal for my next 10k is sub 50.00. Tough but I can do it, don't think I'll ever have the real fitness for a marathon, but we shall see!!

Excited about doing this and getting to know you guys!!

Boing Boing Team 5!!
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi Team 5!!!!

Just butting in on Bri's thread to say hi :happy:

I'm reading through everyone's intros and you are all just the nicest :flowerforyou: I know you're gonna kick *kitten* in this challenge. Feel free to email if you need anything :smile:

Julie
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm brand-new to the challenge; was just added today! I hope to get to know you better. I'm a 32 yr old wife and mom to three children, all adopted. Our oldest is 9 and we adopted her from EThiopia.. then the middle child is 5 and we adopted her from S. Korea. The baby is 8mos and we adopted him from Detroit. :) They are my pride and joy. :) But I hope to be boasting of my own success when I eventually reach my goal. I am 8down with 21 to go for now. I like to hike!
  • coachredhead
    coachredhead Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Andrea and I am excited to join Team 5. I live in Grand Rapids, Mi and am 45 years old. I have a boyfriend of 4 years who is from England. I dont have any children unless you count 2 furry kind. I am the proud mommy of two 10 year old Golden Retrievers. I love having some new friends here who will help me stay motivated to lose this 10 by Christmas, I work retail and the busy season is ahead of me and taking time for myself is something I have lacked in the past.

I joined MFP in the latter part of April of 2011 and have lost 57 pounds. I have 18 to go to hit my goal.

I look ofrward to knowing more about each and everyone of you.