30 Day shred results for bigger ppl

Options
EHolstrom
EHolstrom Posts: 2,563 Member
I am starting 30DS today. I was looking through the results many have posted but most of them I see people have used more to tone then lose weight. Just curious if anyone has any results and they were bigger more around the 200+lbs range

Replies

• MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna watch this.

I'm 18 days into the shred and have only lost about 5-6 pounds. I feel a bit smaller but i won't know for sure until I measure in 12 days.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im about 250 and on day 20.. i did measurements before i started and will do so again when im finished...i did cheat and measure my waist 5 days ago and had lost an inch. im only down about 2 lbs so far..i think its slowed my loss down a bit but i feel a lot better
  • hstallings13
    Options
    I was roughly 240lbs when I started it. I have my before and after results posted in my pics. Only lost about 10lbs during the time, but saw some MAJOR changes in my body :)
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I'm on day 1 but from what I hear it's less to lose and more to tone which if you're looking to lose a lot, toning it key.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I'm interested in seeing people's results too... I always end up gaining weight when I do the 30DS (hence why I only get halfway through it.... :( ).
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do agree that it has slowed the weight loss but I feel stronger. I will probably up the cardio and maybe find another 30 training program and retake the 30 Day Shred after the first of the year because I don't want to lose the muscles I've built. :)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I saw a major loss of inches, slight loss of pounds when I did just the shred. When I added in an additional 30 minutes of exercise (aerobics, fast walking, jogging), I saw a higher pound loss.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30DS today. I was looking through the results many have posted but most of them I see people have used more to tone then lose weight. Just curious if anyone has any results and they were bigger more around the 200+lbs range

im curious as to this too. I have about 43lbs to lose (maybe more if I get to my goal weight and decide I want to weight less) and i've been curious as to weather or not it's good for losing or just toning?
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The strength training is going to build muscle, so that may explain weight gain.
    I just started it and expect to be disappointed when I weigh myself in a couple weeks...lol.
    But, add some extra cardio (jog, powerwalk, elliptical) 3x per week, and I think those pounds should slide right off.
    And in just 30 days I think a 5-10 pound loss is GREAT!

Good luck! :)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm not in that weight range, but I have used 30DS. I've always included strength training along with cardio in my exercise programs over the years. I've lost just over 20 lbs since July and people swear that I look like I've lost more. I have a "team" photo from this past May and for sure, I also think I look like I've lost more like 30 lbs. It's not ALL about the scales, it's also about how you feel and how you look.

Also, we women really need to include weight/strength training in our regimen. Cardio keeps our cardiovascular system healthy, but strength training helps us maintain bone density and lean muscle mass…. so very, very important as we grow older.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I think I get it. The more tone you are, the more weight you lose when doing cardio. So doing strength training might cause a little gain but soon, that gain goes to WORK for you and it works for free (well you have to feed it protein, but ya) and it's like insurance to make sure your cardio pays off and pays off big.

Strength training - maybe not the funniest thing - but it's HUGE insurance for a great and lasting outcome! I can't hear it enough because it's "slightly" counter-intuitive, but it's none the less TRUE!
  • in_your_dreams
    in_your_dreams Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I never thought of setting rewards for each goal like that, it's a fantastic idea that didn't occur to me :wink: I really just gave myself a small reward when the day goal day came...I really like it!! Thanks for sharing cweiss!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think I get it. The more tone you are, the more weight you lose when doing cardio. So doing strength training might cause a little gain but soon, that gain goes to WORK for you and it works for free (well you have to feed it protein, but ya) and it's like insurance to make sure your cardio pays off and pays off big.

Strength training - maybe not the funniest thing - but it's HUGE insurance for a great and lasting outcome! I can't hear it enough because it's "slightly" counter-intuitive, but it's none the less TRUE!

Well I've been doing only cardio so far for weightloss, as well as watching what I eat, but I haven't been loosing much lately, I'm just about to start 30DS and I hope and think you're right about strength training helping burn more calories when combined with cardio!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I never thought of setting rewards for each goal like that, it's a fantastic idea that didn't occur to me :wink: I really just gave myself a small reward when the day goal day came...I really like it!! Thanks for sharing cweiss!

Girl! Go big or go home! lol
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the shred tomorrow morning :) and I'm at 184 now...... I'm finding that even though I'm losing less weight over all.... I am doing a lot of dancing and cardio and my body is toning up really really fast.... I'm looking forward to trying a more organised program rather than me and my hairbrush dancing in front of the mirror :)

So it's PART of the program..... one part is to lose the weight... the other is to look GREAT!
  • alice0711
    alice0711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hey, i was completed on 30day, i was started about 222pound, end of the day, i have loss 8lbs. i have put upload in my profile, got good commented from mfp...free to lookin at my pic
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    I don't know if this helps your question or not but I started the 30DS program at 259 pounds. My last day is Monday and I'll measure/weigh-in again then. At the 20 day mark I had already lost 5 pounds and 7.5 inches.

I know that I've lost more pounds since then due to weighing in for another challenge but I'm waiting to measure inches until the last day. I'll have to let you know what the final results are!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!