yet another snow day

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Okay all, I am going to snap. We had another snow storm last that included freezing rain. So, with 4 extra children with me today (I run a childcare business) I really need some support so I don't turn to cookies.
We've gone sledding which helped pass a little time but I still have 5 hours to avoid over eating. We've done crafts but they are so hyper that they couldn't sit still (must be the weather).

In the past, when I was stressed out because these beautiful children don't always listen, I'd eat. I don't want to do that today so I beg you for a couple of words of encouragement.

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Okay all, I am going to snap. We had another snow storm last that included freezing rain. So, with 4 extra children with me today (I run a childcare business) I really need some support so I don't turn to cookies.
    We've gone sledding which helped pass a little time but I still have 5 hours to avoid over eating. We've done crafts but they are so hyper that they couldn't sit still (must be the weather).

In the past, when I was stressed out because these beautiful children don't always listen, I'd eat. I don't want to do that today so I beg you for a couple of words of encouragement.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Resist the temptation! How old are the kids? Maybe you could all put on a play or have a dance off or something that gets them moving and involved and is fun for you too! But...just think about your goals! You guys could make some ants on a log to eat (celery with PB and raisens) or some mini pizzas on half a bagel or english muffin with reduced fat cheese and whatever other toppings you want! There are options...you just need to be creative! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Think of the weight you have lost and how hard you have worked to lose it. You don't want to back slide do you. I believe in you that you can do this. I too have been living with extra kids home most of the winter. We have 6 kids and 4 are in school, we have had 12 snow days this winter and most are on Thursday and Friday or Monday and Tuesday so the kids have been home all weekend and then the extra days due to weather. The 5 year old is home today cause his headstart class room is flooded due to the ceiling leaking from the ice jams on the roof. I totally simpithize with you but I aslo know you don't want to gain the weight back that you have lost.:flowerforyou: You can make it through this :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Thanks Kistinbee!
    They range from 2 years to 12 years old. It's insaine cus no matter what I do, someone will be bored.
    We made pizza's for lunch which was fun.
    I love the play idea. I have mostly girls and I know they would really get into it.
    Thanks for always being there! :flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I make my own bread and butter pickles in the summer and sometimes I take a 1/2 cup of those to munch on instead of cookies. Maybe if you really feel the urge to snack get you a pickle or olive that has that little bit of vinegar . Play some music and deep breath. :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Think of the weight you have lost and how hard you have worked to lose it. You don't want to back slide do you. I believe in you that you can do this. I too have been living with extra kids home most of the winter. We have 6 kids and 4 are in school, we have had 12 snow days this winter and most are on Thursday and Friday or Monday and Tuesday so the kids have been home all weekend and then the extra days due to weather. The 5 year old is home today cause his headstart class room is flooded due to the ceiling leaking from the ice jams on the roof. I totally simpithize with you but I aslo know you don't want to gain the weight back that you have lost.:flowerforyou: You can make it through this :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much! This is why I love this site, there is always someone who is going through the same thing and that can relate. I'm going to fight it! I knew posting this would help!
    I hope your 5 years old class room is fixed soon! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kistinbee!
    They range from 2 years to 12 years old. It's insaine cus no matter what I do, someone will be bored.
    We made pizza's for lunch which was fun.
    I love the play idea. I have mostly girls and I know they would really get into it.
    Thanks for always being there! :flowerforyou:

Yeah...and they could dress up. Maybe you have some older dresses and shoes they could put on. And then make-up...that is always fun! Just be creative! And you could record it on a video camera or take a bunch of pictures. That would be fun!!! Good luck!!

*Kistinbee*
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    charades is another idea you could team up an older child with a younger one so that they are about equal in ability.
    Good luck. I know I am about ready to snap with the extra snow and I don't have kids to contend with.
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    have thier parents buy them excercise balls. Kids can bounce on those things forever. You can work out, or rest .