A different person!

Options
After loosing 45 lbs, with 15 more to go I am truly feeling like a different person and I notice that other people preceive me as being different even though i'm really not! Has anyone else experienced this? I have not had any negitive feedback and everyone has been very encouraging. I have had a difficult time with adjusting to my new body and how "I" see myself. In some ways I feel I have accomplished A LOT with 12 sizes lost, 45lbs over 40 inches, but when i do not see perfection i wonder WHAT AM I DOING! haha..
Has anyone else experienced these feelings?

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I have 'ONLY' lost 18# but I get what you are saying... GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Amazing accomplishment!
  • mjac1998
    Options
    Thank you! Keep it up and you will keep loosing! I am finally LEARNING that its ok to loose slow, it will stay off and you learn new habits in the long run. I thought about doing Nutri System ect. but realized that I have to live with food, so i need to learn how to control it. Not always a easy task!:sad:
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! :happy:

Secondly, I think I know what you mean! I've shed 60 pounds, but I still see jiggles and rolls and cellulite and wonder, "If I've lost 60 freaking pounds and still am not 'slender,' just HOW big was I, anyway?!" I didn't think I was "that bad", just "a little overweight" "could stand to lose a few pounds". Now I realize, no, not just a few. I was fully 100 pounds over a healthy weight. *shakes head*

KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean....

I feel like I'm walking around in someone else's body lately..... I look down and my legs belong to some skinny person..... my tummy has disappeared and my waist is actually a waist again!..... But it's almost surrreal.... for years I dreamed of waking up skinny.... now I am afraid to pinch myself in case I wake up fat again! I keep waiting for things to go back to normal..... but in the meantime........

I love looking in the mirror and seeing that skinny chick smiling back urging me on!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Yes, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have reached my weight goal and lost a total of 103 pounds. The emotional adjustment was the most difficult for me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/grannygethealthy1111

It DOES improve. Take one day at a time and you will feel great eventually.
  • mjac1998
    Options
    sheww.. i feel better now knowing i'm not the only one who feels this way!! I think I have to get out of my head what "hollywood" says is perfect and just work on what i need to in order to improve myself! My 12yr told me she is going to put a lock on her closet because "mom is always wearing my clothes" .. haha.. i said well that just means i dont have to go and buy any! ha.... and I am learning that its a bunch of hog wash when men tell you that your weight isnt an issue!! YEA RIGHT.... if thats the case then why the "added' attention not only from the hubby, but from others as well...

This is more of an emotional/physicological journery than a "weight" one but i am so glad that i FINALLY started it and am no longer "hiding" behind the extra weight. Although my BMI says i need to weight between 90-120... i'm not so sure i agree with that... i'm not 20 anymore and after babies and extra weight i believe your body changes! I will be happy at around 135-140.. and congrats to everyone for the great job, this is deffinitaly a DAILY process!!:smile:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic!! It is all about attitude. I found my attitude changing once I started working out; I became more confident and all around happier.

I am so thrilled to hear about your success... you must have worked incredibly hard! Keep up the great work :D I look forward to hearing more NSV's from you!
  • mjac1998
    Options
    Thank you! Its one baby step after another and pretty soon, it is all part of your life!
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is so fantastic!! It is all about attitude. I found my attitude changing once I started working out; I became more confident and all around happier.

Dead on with this.Even though you feel your the same person perhaps you are not?Different attitudes towards your health,lifestyle,food the lot:)Grats on your success btw,keep it up!
  • mjac1998
    Options
    you are probably right! Never thought about it like that before...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!