Guilty

Options
This morning I said I was going to take a break today and relax, but I feel so guilty if I don't exercise. Does anyone else feel this way? Besides, I was bored and had nothing better to do. I have no life at the moment,lol.

Replies

• Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    I do! I am currently being a little lazy since I just ate - and its my "off diet" day. But I have no plans and its a Saturday night and I vowed to FINALLY complete the 30 day shred in November. I will feel horrible if I skip it! I;m only letting myself down in the end. Plus the way I feel once I've made it through a workout is way better than "relaxing" all night! Good luck!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Always. I say I'm going to take Saturday or Sunday off, but inevitably I walk or catch a Zumba class, lol.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    My off day was doing yard work at my kids' school. 90 minutes of raking, shoveling, and moving around mulch, not to mention all the walking around getting the full bags of leaves. I don't think we every have a rest day because there is always something to do. I have gone up and down the stairs to my basement about 20 times today because today is laundry day too. You shouldn't feel guilty about letting your body rest though.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty! If you're working out hard 5-6 days a week, your body is going to need a day or two of rest. If you feel like you have to do something, do an easy walk or some Hatha yoga. Anything that gets the blood circulating will probably make you feel better. You don't have to knock yourself out doing it, though. Remember the body repairs and builds itself when at rest.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i do something mild on my off days.
  • buddha5050
    buddha5050 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know, I feel guilty too but you have to remember that to lose you have to give your body a rest from time to time. The same as a "maintnance day" it helps to confuse your body.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I walk just about every day because my dog doesn't understand days off. Our mimimum is one mile. Most days it is 1 mile in the morning and anywhere from 1 - 3 in the evening. The only time I get a day off is if it is raining all day :-)