Any stretching videos to improve flexibility ?

Options
So doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 and Yoga Meltdown made me realize how much flexibility I've lost since my dancing days =[
I don't have time to sign up for a dance class where we spend a good chunk of class stretching (although I really wish I did; I miss it!) so a video I can do at home is the next best thing for my schedule.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Replies

• judykritikos
    Options
    I can't believe it - I tried to touch my toes - and where I USED to be able to touch the floor w/ my fingertips ... now I'm at least 4-5" from the floor! The back of my legs are tighter than a violin string! Can't we just sit on the floor and keep stretching left and right
    and front ... and slowly stretch back to that flexibitly? Wow - I can't believe how it hurts the back of the legs trying to touch the floor!
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Search "yoga for flexibility" on youtube. GREAT stuff.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I use yogalates. Sounds quite silly but it is the best thing ever! It helps a great deal with flexibility and toning. Awesome stuff. I try to do it 3 times a week. Look up 'ultimate solomon yogalates'. It is mega invigorating.
  • bananamac
    bananamac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The Yin Yoga Channel - Yin Yoga is all about the stretching, not so much the strengthening or toning. Try the 30 minute Yin Yoga for the Legs (or hips, or spine) playlists. You do have to put up with the medical caveats at the beginning of each video, but they don't bother me much.

There's a bit of music in the video, but I sometimes play a something similar in the background to help me zone out between videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/yinsights1#p/p