Starting over...again

:sad: Hi I've been on and off MFP since this summer. I just can't seem to be consistent when it come to diet and exercise. I love to eat. My biggest problem is supper. And now that winter is coming, comfort foods are going to be a big thing in my house. UGH! I know what I need to do, I just lack the willpower and motivation. HELP!!!:sad:

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    *hug* YOU CAN DO IT!
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    hello stacy, u can do this....lets do this journey together .:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • I can totally relate. I start logging and then don't. I used to be with weightwatchers and lost 20 lbs...then gained back 40. So I'm trying to get back in the habit before holidays start.
  • I know how you feel about the comfort food, that is my biggest problem, good luck this time :)
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    good luck this time.. Here if you need support !!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Really dieting is not your answer. There is no way that anyone can stay on a low calorie diet. We are all eating diets of one sort or another. Even those who are living on McDonalds. That would be a fast food diet. The only way we can lose weight and keep it off is to adopt a new lifestyle of healthy eating ( not dieting ), and exercising. You might find some more help be entering some of the threads at MFP that are of interest to you.
  • Yes, coming back is half the battle. We can do this together. Ready? Let's go!!!!!!
  • Ditto! I had an AMAZING September/1st week of October. Then I went out of town and gave up for the rest of the month. Starting my 30 Day Shred Challenge for November and vowing to log in every day as well - even on bad food days (like today:wink: )
    Good luck :happy:
  • Friend me!!! I have the same issues. And it would be great to talk to someone about it who knows what I am going through. I have been trying to lose weight for the past year but haven't gotten anywhere in the long run.
  • Try the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. It is ALL delicious comfort food, and they separate out sections by the amount of calories. IE: Under 250, 251-350, 351-450, etc. so you can pick just from what section you can allow for. :)
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    Sounds pretty good! I am always looking for new recipes, and I subscribe to the Taste of Home magazine! Thanks!!
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks everyone! Its comforting to know there are others out there that want the same goals as you do, but also have the same issues reaching those goals.
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    you're here, again instead of still, but hey, YOU ARE HERE!
    I sent you an add for mutual support and motivation.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    My biggest problem is dinner too! I compensate by eating less during the day and exercising (almost) every day... that way I can eat lots and lots at dinner. The only way I can stay on top of this is to log every day no matter what... If I go over, tomorrow is another day. I have reached my goal now, so I am trying to maintain...

Comfort foods and holiday foods along with cold weather and less time to exercise make it difficult for me to "hang on" through the winter...

Feel free to friend me for support!! We can do it together:-)
    Karen
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Well Honey Bun,

It's all about keeping on, keeping on. Start your diet new every morning, and try to stay focused to acheive that day.

Do not feel guilty about anything, draw a line under it and move on. As long as you are doing all you can, it will come together.

I work on the rule that if you are not hungry enough to eat the apple in your bag, then the piece of cake or what ever you fancy is just that.

You want it, not need it. Then you can make a proper decision, on wether it is worth it to you that day.

Somedays it is yes, others no.

Please see Cadburys Star Bar and Skittles yesterday, lol.