zumba

Options
Can someone enter how many calories you burn doing zumba?

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Buy an HRM
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Buy an HRM

I agree!!!
  • Chiquita87
    Options
    I was told around 500-600... Zumba is a great exercise, I love it!
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    When I do zumba on the WII (45min routine), its around 350-500 cals, depending on how much effort I put into it.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options

This site is VERY off. I wouldn't trust it.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    if i work out really hard 10 calories a minute, if not as hard, 5 calories aminute.
  • newdaynewme
    newdaynewme Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I go to a 45 min zumba class twice per week and each time I burn around 400 cals.. it depends on how hard u are dancing and how much u weigh.
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    agree with buying a HRM because depending on how "fit" you are and the instructor- this can really vary how many calories burned....better be accurate:)
  • tlcmillet
    tlcmillet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. How do you know how much you have burned on the Wii. I just got it yesterday, exercised for the first time and well I didn't see where it told us how much I would burn. Am I missing something?
  • gloria581
    gloria581 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am a Zumba Fanatic!!!!!! I started doing Zumba in January and fell in love with it. I have all the DVD's, but I don't do the Wii cause I don't like the stop and pick a song or breaks in between. I attend 3 classes a week and participate in Zumbathons almost every weekend. I am going to try to get certified to be an instructor in January.

Buy an HRM, that is the best advice I can give you. I used to estimate 10 calories per minute and more if I did a particularly tough routine, but the calories burned were not equating to the weight loss I was experiencing. Based on my old calculations, I should of been losing more weight than I actually was. Once I got the HRM, the calories burned were a lot less, but they coincide with the weight I am losing.

Thanks to Zumba and MFP, I have lost 66 pounds since January AND I still get to occasionally eat the foods I love.
  • Dangerously15
    Options
    thanks.
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    I'm from Brazil and I've never heard about zumba before. And here it's mentioned all the time by the MFP members. I decide to research it on the internet and it seems to be a lot of fun.

Today, When I was reading the newspapers I saw an article about zumba. What a coincidence!
    It was saying that Zumba is going to be a new gym fever for the summer and that people can burn off 450 calories in 50 min.
    I'm excited to give a try!