Vegan and Vegetarian meals for toddler at school

Options
I am looking for moms that are raising their children vegan or vegetarian. Personally I do not look at as a diet because it is more than a diet.

My problem is my 3 year old daughter is now in preschool and less helpful with the meals I send. Her daycare went above and beyond to make sure her meals was hot and cold. I would like to start a blog with other mothers, in hope we could share meal plans with each other. I am looking for ideas in storing her food and creative sandwiches. Please let me know if you are interested and I will add you as a friend or you can add me as a friend.

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Well I am starting to go vegetarian and here are some great ideas!!!

Get a laptop lunchbox, they are amazing here is a link: http://www.reuseit.com/store/laptop-lunch-bento-version-p-2971.html

It comes with a book with recipe ideas, and nutrtion facts :) My daughter is 4 in preschool and loves it!! You can even buy a bag that it can go in that comes with a waterbottle!

Things I pack: Ask me if you want recipe :)
    Pesto noodles
    Homemade soup
    sandwiches

Sides:
    fresh cut veggies, like carrots celery and snap peas
    applesauce
    fruit, can use frozen and it will thaw in time for lunch
    pistachios or almonds

Hope this helps you out, my blog has my weekly menus posted and that has my daughters lunches on it too!!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Here is a sample menu of what I do for the week for my children

Monday:
    Almond butter and honey sandwich, carrots, hummus, strawberries and pretzels.

Tuesday:
    Pasta with tomatoes, cucumbers, hummus, grapes and crackers

Wednesday:
    Quesadilla with black beans and cheese, celery w/ almond butter and raisins

Thursday
    Cucumber hummus sandwich, carrots, cheese cubes and strawberries

Friday
    homemade bean burrito, snap peas, apple slices and rice cake.

I bought this for my kids: http://www.easylunchboxes.com/products/food_containers/index.htm

I also do cheese raviolis, homemade mac n cheese (like dinner leftovers) and I make sandwich sushi. You cut the crust off of the bread, roll it flat with a rolling pin, I put almond butter, jelly and then roll it up. Cut it into pieces and it looks like little sushi rolls. My kids love it! I also make them vegetable sushi rolls.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Oh I just bought this book, it is pretty good!
    http://www.amazon.com/Better-Than-Peanut-Butter-Jelly/dp/1590131223
  • Dreadz_Veggies_4Life
    Options
    Thank you your menus are helpful! I am looking for as many ideas to see what will work best for me and my little one. The school is great at teaching but they make it a little difficult because she is not on their meal plan. I am going to start with making up a weekly menu,
  • Dreadz_Veggies_4Life
    Options
    Thank you for the reply and your ideas are very creative. I really like the sushi:) The book looks like a win and I most likely will be purchasing. thanks