Depeche Mode

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
Who loves them? :love:

Music for the Masses has been one of my MOST favorite albums out of ANY EVER since I was about 13. :love: I also love Violator, Songs of Love and Devotion, Black Celebration, and Exciter (not a huge fan of their newer album, but Precious Things was pretty). I've been listening to Masses on repeat for a couple days. I can't wait to go home and burn all my stepmom's Depeche Mode CD's onto my computer!!! :bigsmile:

I wish I'd been alive for more of the 80's. :sad:

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Who loves them? :love:

Music for the Masses has been one of my MOST favorite albums out of ANY EVER since I was about 13. :love: I also love Violator, Songs of Love and Devotion, Black Celebration, and Exciter (not a huge fan of their newer album, but Precious Things was pretty). I've been listening to Masses on repeat for a couple days. I can't wait to go home and burn all my stepmom's Depeche Mode CD's onto my computer!!! :bigsmile:

I wish I'd been alive for more of the 80's. :sad:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    DM is a truly awesome group and David Gahan's voice is the closest thing to warm chocolate without the calories that I've ever heard!

...and they are spectacular in concert. Lucky me--I got to live every year in the 80s! And I've seen DM more than once live.

...I believe they are on tour (or will be on tour) soon.

Thanks for the memories!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Wow, yea, 80's music was great. Here were some of my faves:
    U2, the cure, the alarm, thompson twins, yaz, Chameleons UK, Blondie, the Lucy Show, The Clash, Depeche Mode, Billy Idol, the Ramones, the Pretenders, Talking Heads, the Bangles, the Cult, Anti-Nowhere League, geez, I'll add to the list as I think of 'em. YAY.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    i love 80s music, and got to be in junior high and high school in that decade! I love napster too because i love finding old songs from that era on there :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Wow, yea, 80's music was great. Here were some of my faves:
    U2, the cure, the alarm, thompson twins, yaz, Chameleons UK, Blondie, the Lucy Show, The Clash, Depeche Mode, Billy Idol, the Ramones, the Pretenders, Talking Heads, the Bangles, the Cult, Anti-Nowhere League, geez, I'll add to the list as I think of 'em. YAY.

I love The Cure too! I like all of those actually, except the Anti-Nowhere League and yaz, but only because I haven't heard them. My parents are fairly young so they like a lot of 80's music. My dad also likes death metal and sings it in the car. :laugh:
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Depeche Mode. They are on tour right now. Hoping I get to go but hubby's B-day is the weekend they will be in Dallas and he's not really a fan :sad: But they do put on a fantastic show and if you get the chance to see them, you should definitely go! Black Celebration is probably my favorite of their "albums" (feeling old with that word :laugh: ) I still miss the 80's.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane...
  • TheMeatman
    Options
    I wasn't a huge fan in the 80's, I was more of a glam rock/hair metal guy. As I've gotten older my musical tastes have broadened and I find myself going back to alot of the old "New Wave" stuff. Violator is far and away my fave DM album, with "Personal Jesus" and "The world in my eyes" being 2 of my favorite songs.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Love Depeche Mode and they are actually touring the states this year. I'm excited to say that I'm actually going to see The Cure in Vegas in a week. Absolutely, love the 80's:heart:

Have you heard of Pandora Radio-where you can listen to free internet radio with the genre you like? Great site to hear 80's music!

Anyway thanks for posting. It's good to know people still have great taste in music LOL:bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Yea, it seemed like the 80's were a great time, especially compared to now. :ohwell: I would LOVE to see them in concert!!

HOLY CRAP I looked up the dates and they'll be in DC July 28th!!! :noway: I can get great seats for $90 too. Hmmm.... :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Love Depeche Mode and they are actually touring the states this year. I'm excited to say that I'm actually going to see The Cure in Vegas in a week. Absolutely, love the 80's:heart:

Have you heard of Pandora Radio-where you can listen to free internet radio with the genre you like? Great site to hear 80's music!

Anyway thanks for posting. It's good to know people still have great taste in music LOL:bigsmile:

I use Pandora all the time! I tell everyone else about it too. I've found tons of great bands that way.
    Now I'm on the phone with my dad telling him about the concert, I wanna go with him and my stepmom.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    WOOHOO!

Depeche Mode with my parents July 28th!!!:drinker: It's part of my graduation present. We are RIGHT up close! :happy:
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!

Depeche Mode with my parents July 28th!!!:drinker: It's part of my graduation present. We are RIGHT up close! :happy:

Cool! You'll have a great time! And congrats on your upcoming graduation...it's sounds like you've put in a ton of hard work! :flowerforyou:

Oh, and thanks...now I'm cruising around singing "Shake the Disease." My son is looking and me like I'm crazy....sigh....
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Thanks! I can't wait. This is the first time we've been able to do something cool like this because I never get to come home--I haven't seen them in 6 mos! :frown: And since I'm 22 now we can even go to a bar. :bigsmile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    HA! Violator was the very first CD that I ever got.

That and Blood Sugar Sex Magic by the Chili Peppers!

Back in the day when CD's came in those giant cardboard boxes instead of just their jewel case!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Just found this and I have to say I am a HUGE fan!!! :drinker:
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    HA! Violator was the very first CD that I ever got.

That and Blood Sugar Sex Magic by the Chili Peppers!

Back in the day when CD's came in those giant cardboard boxes instead of just their jewel case!

He he, that's funny i forgot about those giant boxes!! I had Blood sugar sex magic on tape (dubbed-remember that?)

Man, this is such a kick- I was such a DM fan I had all their portraits on my bedroom wall in junior high.... drooling pre-teen)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm an 80's girl.....when I was in HS I was a HUGGEEEEE Cure fan (saw them in concert a few times..I think love and rockets opened for them)
    I also loved Depeche Mode, Dead Milkmen, Peter Murphy, New Order, etc
    I think my fav Depeche mode CD was violator....loved the sweetest injection
    A biggie at our HS dances was somebody (LOLOLOL)

Kim
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm an 80's girl.....when I was in HS I was a HUGGEEEEE Cure fan (saw them in concert a few times..I think love and rockets opened for them)
    I also loved Depeche Mode, Dead Milkmen, Peter Murphy, New Order, etc
    I think my fav Depeche mode CD was violator....loved the sweetest injection
    A biggie at our HS dances was somebody (LOLOLOL)

Kim

I :heart: the Cure too! My bestfriends sister was IN LOVE with Robert Smith when we were in jr. high!
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    Love DM too. "Somebody" was almost our wedding song, but my hubby overruled it. It made it onto our must play list though, I made damn sure of that! I wish music was as good as it was in the 80's/ early 90's. So much untalented crap overwhelms the airwaves now.
  • Cheetara101
    Cheetara101 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've been a devoted fan since 1984 when I first heard "People Are People". I started to listen to their earlier albums thereafter. My favorite band! My two favorite albums #BlackCelebration and #Violator. On official DM website...in forums I'm listed as Cheetara101. Saw Depeche Mode in concert again in NY/Brooklyn at the Barclays Center 2013.