I know everyone is different, but...

Options
I just lost 10 pounds and went down a solid pant size. I'm wondering what other folks (I geuss women cuz it's really different for men) have found to be the number of pounds lost to equal a lower pant size. I'd like to lose a pound a week and if I am successful, will this mean a smaller size every 10 weeks? I would love that btw. Just wondering about others experience.

Replies

• healthiesthappiestme
    healthiesthappiestme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just lost 10 pounds and went down a solid pant size. I'm wondering what other folks (I geuss women cuz it's really different for men) have found to be the number of pounds lost to equal a lower pant size. I'd like to lose a pound a week and if I am successful, will this mean a smaller size every 10 weeks? I would love that btw. Just wondering about others experience.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Fat loss will generally slow with time...It's not a linear decline, so you won't maintain the same rate of weight loss. I have lost 4 pant sizes and 25 lbs, so about a pant size for every 6 lbs. This has taken 4 years though, so I have drastically changed my body composition. Great job!! :drinker:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I think it's different for different sizes. I've lost 14 lbs and I have only really lost 1 dress size. I think the bigger you are, the more you have to lose to go down one size, and then when you get smaller, the amount of weight gets closer and closer together in order to drop a size.

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments. It's different for all, but I have lost 2 dress sizes and 15 lbs. Yahoo!
  • MelanieJMiller
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds and went from size 16-18 to size 8. That's one size for every 10 pounds or so.
  • HelenaRose
    HelenaRose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone depending on how you carry your weight and also how tall you are and your bone structure. I'm new to this site and just starting back up but previously I had lost 25-30 lbs and went down only one size. I'm expecting the same this time around.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Mine's been odd. I've gone down 50 pounds overall, or nearly 50, rather, but have lost three pant sizes.

Problem is I now have a lot of muscle, which is leaner, but heavier. So my weight and my size aren't matching now. It's truly a problem for me because I need the WEIGHT to be down so I can do pointe work more comfortably (ballet stuff). However, I guess I should be content with looking thinner.... :ohwell:
  • algiampolo
    Options
    At my heaviest. I was 195 lbs and a size 16..sometimes 18...I am now down to 180 and am a small 14 and on the verge of 12! Good Luck with your journey. I think it's different for everyone.
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think it's different for everyone. At my heaviest (190, 5'11), I was definitely pushing the maximum capacity of a size 14. Now I'm down 16 lbs and I think I'm finally into a size 10. I don't have any 10s but the 12 are falling off (yay).

Congrats on your weight loss. It does feel great to drop sizes!!! :happy:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I do agree everyone is different for me at 5ft I was 273lbs and wore a size 22/24..now Im 209lbs and wear a Juniors 17 which are too big everywhere but the waist...body type plays a crucial role..I carry the majority of my weight in my tummy..:drinker: I tend to drop a size every 20lbs
  • Itscrunchtime
    Options
    I guess the body shape makes a big difference. I'm 5'3" and can lose a pant size in just 5 pounds. I carry most of my weight in my legs/hips and that's where I lose weight if any. I'm 138 and struggling to get down to 125. I'm a size 12 ( but they are terribly lose) I don't own any 10's but suspect that they'd be tight on the legs. I've had two children so my tummy is flabby, too. Even though I carry most of my weight in my legs, I have gained weight in every area as of late. I did just go from 145 to 138 in the last few months and this is when my 12's became loose. So about 5-7 pounds I can drop a size.
    suzanne5belle
  • healthiesthappiestme
    healthiesthappiestme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad I asked. Not just for the information, but hearing of your successess gives me inspiration as well. Congrats to all. Cheers!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Let's see. I have lost a total of 30 pounds and went from 14 to 8 would that be 4 sizes?

Now the 14s were super tight and prob should have been a 16. I rufused to buy 16s!

When I was first down by 30 pounds, I was a size 10 at 138 pound (5'2")

I have since dropped another pants size with NO weight loss.

Go figure!

I attribute this to a change in distribution. I work out at the gym 3 days a week, and cardio 4-5.

Also, I had a few weird in between moments where the 8 and 10 didnt fit! I was wishing for the husky 8s the kids sizes come in!!

Have a great day!

keep up the good work!:flowerforyou: