(yes another) question about activity level

im currently set to sedentary... when i started this i wasnt really active at all so i just left it at that.
since ive moved into my own house and really trying - ive found im moving around a lot more. i walk my daughter to school (averages 6-9 miles/week) and i walk to get my produce box every wednesday (i think thats a little over 2 miles). i would log those as exercise but im wondering now if i should change my settings to lightly active and stop logging those.. i have been doing 30ds and logging that, and i plan to start zumba here soonish depending on how rough our winter is, i may not walk her every day.. though it was 31 the other morning when we went and she was alright.

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Personally I keep mine at sedentary even though I have some days where I do a lot of walking, cleaning, shopping etc. It's easier for me to just keep it there and track exercise with my HRM. I track zumba, lawn mowing and other stuff I do at the gym -- or if I go for a walk and actually walk fast ...but I wouldn't count qa casual walk to the bus stop or anything. It's really up to you --- if you just want more calories, change your settings to lose 1/2lb a week or something less than you currently have.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    anyone else have an opinion?
  • just keep in mind that the more you're in activity, the more calories you will burn... if you have been walking it's a great idea...but if are thinking to start a program like "zumba" i wouldn't set to "sedentary", even i would consider if you do this to change to a higher level of activity...i wouldn't set to "sedentary"..."sedentary" are for the people who the only one movement on their days is eating and walking to the bathroom or going to work...but i see your activity levels as a really far example of a "sedentary life"... sorry about my english... and hope my answer might be usefull :)
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    I set my activity level to sedentary - because I have a desk job, and on work days I can be quite sedentary (45 minutes of active transport can be my movement for the day some days). However, on the weekend I can burn up 1000 cal on Saturdays, and I do go to gym classes on some workdays so I can get a bit of a weekday burn on. Unfortunately, there's not an option for setting individual activity levels for each day, cause I go all the way from sedentary to quite active over the course of a week.