What's The One Thing That You're Really Struggling With?

Options
For me : eating one bad food on a good day and just saying "well, I already messed it up... might as well just not try the rest of the day". I know this isn't good, but it's what I'm working on!

Anyone else have this problem? What's your weakness?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Nights are my weakness- I eat well all day, only until I'm satisfied... then night comes and all of that goes out the window. I eat crap until I'm beyond stuffed =/
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Nights are my weakness- I eat well all day, only until I'm satisfied... then night comes and all of that goes out the window. I eat crap until I'm beyond stuffed =/

yeaaahh totally know how you feel on that.. it seems like once I start I just can't make myself stop..
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    drinking water. i get most of my fluid in the form of decaffinated hot tea.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Lately it's the Halloween candy :sad:
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    All or nothing thinking has really messed with me. I am learning to do the best I can for where I am in my journey. :smile:

Also, boredom eating -- I know you just said one :)
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Night eating for sure :(
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Night eating for sure :(

Yeah.. I'm sadly doing it now. And realizing that I shouldn't, especially since the scale this morning was the lowest it's been in a while.. So much for that!! :(
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    For me : eating one bad food on a good day and just saying "well, I already messed it up... might as well just not try the rest of the day". I know this isn't good, but it's what I'm working on!

That.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    My weakness is arriving home from work and eating a snack and another snack, I have eaten my dinner. Overall I am trying to maintain my calorie 1,200 this week was a tremendous challenge due to work stress.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options

That.

You do that too?
  • wbgolden
    Options

That.

You do that too?
    Yes. More than I care to admit.
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    def saturday nights for me, my friends all wanna play beer pong and it gets me every weekend..and another thing is i work in orthopedics so i never get outta work @ 5, so i get home different times every night and i wanna work out right way but dont wanna eat @ 8pm b/c then i eat too much b/c im starving after my work out..wish i had a set schedule, it would make life easier..
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options

That.

You do that too?

Same!! And it seems like it's been a lot more common for me lately. Like i'll do really good a few days or a week and then just go off the handle for a day or two! Like cheating on a cheat day.
  • wbgolden
    Options
    Same!! And it seems like it's been a lot more common for me lately. Like i'll do really good a few days or a week and then just go off the handle for a day or two! Like cheating on a cheat day.
    For me I think it's self sabotage. If I hit my next goal weight, I'm "committed" to hitting the pool to train for the swim part of a triathlon. But I hate being shirtless in public. So maybe I'll just make sure I never hit that goal. :/

And yes, talking about it is kinda therapeutic. :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Eating when I'm supposed to be sleeping.. At 3 in the morning everything is tasty.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options

That.

You do that too?

Hey that's me... I messed it up. Who cares, right? Wrong...every day should be better to get to my goal!!! Weekends are better since hubby is hard core on me!
  • cathylovestim
    Options
    Exercising. It's weird. Two years ago I was working out with a trainer and four other women three times a week and having trouble committing to eating right so I was strong but not losing weight. I stopped going after losing my mom in-law and my own mom within six months of each other. Now I'm losing weight and can't seem to get motivated to exercise. I even moved my awesome treadmill into the family room. It would be nice if I could be eating healthy AND exercising at the same time!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Hey that's me... I messed it up. Who cares, right? Wrong...every day should be better to get to my goal!!! Weekends are better since hubby is hard core on me!

That's good you have a little support though! My bf will help and tell me to stop, but I usually just yell at him and keep eating. I swear I feel like an eating monster!! Hahaha
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's awful!! I have kidney/bladder problems so I wake up a lot to pee and somehow a long time ago I formed a night eating habit. I get up and I immediately want a snack of some sort. It's so hard to break! I'll go weeks doing really well and then all of a sudden I'll go back to my horrible ways :( I have a feeling that if I could just sleep through the damn night it would go away *sigh*
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    It's awful!! I have kidney/bladder problems so I wake up a lot to pee and somehow a long time ago I formed a night eating habit. I get up and I immediately want a snack of some sort. It's so hard to break! I'll go weeks doing really well and then all of a sudden I'll go back to my horrible ways :( I have a feeling that if I could just sleep through the damn night it would go away *sigh*

Aaah.. well what do you snack on? Could you maybe start with trying to swap the snacks for something better?