Blender recommendation

Options
I am wanting to buy a new blender for smoothies that would be able to crush ice and veggies smoothly. I really want a vitAmix but I can't justify paying $400+ for a blender. I am willing to spend about half that. Anyone know a good blender they could recommend? Thanks :)

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I use the magic bullet- it was really inexpensive, and has lasted years. A adore it!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    magic bullet. honestly...it rocks. i'm definitely now show time tv ad guy...but this thing is for real. i love ours.
  • Crystal860412
    Options
    I love the black n decker
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a KitchenAid blender. I am always satisfied with their products.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Blendtec is on coupon in the new Costco mailer. Still expensive but from what I understand they're on par with Vitamix. Other than telling you to check craigslist or beg Santa for either of those I'm no help. I killed so many blenders my husband finally decided that a Vitamix would be more cost effective in the long run. So far (four years) he's been right. Small appliances fear me but the VM is a super appliance or something. They should come with little capes.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about the Ninja. It does everything your blender doesn't.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I second the kitchen aid. I've had mine a little over a year and there's no sign it's slowing down or wearing out. I make a smoothy with frozen fruit almond milk and protein almost every morning with it.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet. It's just okay. It doesn't crush ice as well and as quickly as i'd hoped. My parents magic bullet died not that long ago after only like a year, too.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Kitchenaid or Cuisinart brands. I have appliances from both and they work great.
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have a kitchen aid, it costs 220 euros here, not cheap but it's the best.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i love my ninja.. it was on sale for $80 when i got it, and make smoothies and ice creams and soups all the time with it. even made the kids some snow cones in the summer!
  • AmythistRae
    Options

ninja is awful for green smoothies......
    I bought one made one smoothie took it back...yukkk
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options

You're saying it's the blender that made it taste bad?
  • AmythistRae
    Options

You're saying it's the blender that made it taste bad?

The ninja did not mulch the spinach it separated it.....so the smoothie was chunky and awful...I use a kitchen aide and am getting the vita mix because my green smoothies are creamy....they are green but you would never know there is not milk or ice cream or any dairy whatsoever in them.....
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I have a Vitamix - it was worth it. I'd think about what you want it to do, and see if it might be worth it to save a bit longer and get one you know you'll love forever.