Hey guys, checking in

Weight: 124.6

OWLs:
    Exercise:0
    Food:7
    Spirit:3
    Total OWLs:10

House points:80

Man this is a bad week. Cant wait to be on track from Monday. Have a great day guys:)
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Just checking in! :bigsmile:
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

My mom has lost 10 pounds, and I'm so proud of her! I'm so glad we're doing this together- it feels so great knowing we're making a lifestyle change together. When I tried weight loss before *cough*cough*ww*cough*, I think the most frustrating thing (besides the payment, monthly meetings, and pushed products was coming home and not having any support. Instead of buying one set of groceries, I had to buy two.

Now, we buy one set and everyone is happy. MFP allowed my family to conduct their weight loss in the privacy of their own home, free of charge. There's something really empowering about that.

Been working on the exercise OWLS- I can't believe my stomach is sore after two days! Such a small, yet great, way to engage the muscles.

I've also wondered around the house trying to decide what is "junk" food. Chips & candy I get... but what about yogurt-covered pretzels? Bowl of ice cream (lactose-intolerant, so I don't see this one happening)? Just trying to figure out where the line is drawn that changes a snack into junk.

Have a great day!
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:

144! Down 1.5 lbs from last week.

120 exercise minutes this week

I'm not good a cutting out "junk"... I've fit my nightly lemon sorbet and dark chocolate square into my calories and I just can't let go of them :P
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Well, this isn't my happiest post, certainly, but it'll be fine. Had a rough week this week, and unfortunately, I gained almost a pound (sorry, guys). :( I'm hoping this week will turn that around and get me moving the right direction, but here are my current numbers:

Weigh-in: 235.8 (gained .8 pounds)
    Total OWLs: 11
    Spirit: 4 I think (may have to check that one again)
    Exercise: 3
    Food: 4
    HP: 155 (ugh, definitely plan to get back on track this week)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Challenge Update
    I've also wondered around the house trying to decide what is "junk" food. Chips & candy I get... but what about yogurt-covered pretzels? Bowl of ice cream (lactose-intolerant, so I don't see this one happening)? Just trying to figure out where the line is drawn that changes a snack into junk.
    I actually went and googled "junk food" because many of us have the same question - including me! Here's what I found:

From Mirriam-Webster: "food that is high in calories but low in nutritional content"

From Wikipedia: "Junk foods are typically ready-to-eat convenience foods containing high levels of saturated fats, salt, or sugar, and little or no fruit, vegetables, or dietary fiber; and are considered to have little or no health benefits. Common junk foods include salted snack foods like chips (crisps), candy, gum, most sweet desserts, fried fast food and carbonated beverages (sodas) as well as alcoholic beverages. High-sugar cereals, particularly those targeted at children, such as Froot Loops, are also classified as junk food."

Hope this helps clarify it for you. I also want to amend the "no junk food" challenge: many of us, again including me, have found a low-cal treat that we allow ourselves each day. Mine is the Weight Watchers Snack Size Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Bar (the name is bigger than the bar!!). One bar is only 45 calories and I use it as my reward for a day well done. I don't think those little rewards should be eliminated. SO, I am changing the food challenge to be:

UPDATED FOOD CHALLENGE: Since Halloween is over and there is still candy tempting us all, we're going to repeat the no junk food challenge. But this time we will allow ourselves one healthier, low-cal indulgence each day. Try to add what your daily indulgence was to your daily spirit post.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Well, this isn't my happiest post, certainly, but it'll be fine. Had a rough week this week, and unfortunately, I gained almost a pound (sorry, guys). :( I'm hoping this week will turn that around and get me moving the right direction, but here are my current numbers:
    Kelly - we all have those weeks. Don't let this one derail you. No guilt - just move on. Today is a new day!! :flowerforyou:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Weight: 171.6 (And now it will be 2 more weeks before Ic an log another loss)

OWLs:
    Exercise:2
    Food:5
    Spirit:3
    Total OWLs:10

House points:230
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Sue! The updated challenge is definitely do-able. Now I must go contemplate what food is worthy of being my reward for the day... such a high honor... the treat must meet the demand! :bigsmile:
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    so my lesson this week is dont weigh yourself early because its not accurate

weighing in today 153
    owls
    5 for eating my veggies
    3 for squats and sit ups.
    spirit 3
    exercise minutes 80

so sue you are still in the running for beating me to 150.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

weighing in today 153
    owls
    5 for eating my veggies
    3 for squats and sit ups.
    spirit 3
    exercise minutes 80

My weight fluctuates wildly from day to day - you might be down again tomorrow.
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Checking in for November week one:

Weight: 146
    Owls: 8
    House Points: A pitiful 25

So far this new week, I've already tied my house points from last week. ;)
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi results for Sun-Sat
    Weight 217.6
    Owls
    4 excercise
    4 food
    4 spirit
    House points 583
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    last week - 199
    this week - 198.2

week's loss - 0.8

house points - 450
    food owls- 7
    exercise owls - 2

so the weight loss is creeping along slowly, probably because of all the exercise, but i'm seeing a big difference in my measurements. in the past month i've only lost a couple of pounds, but i've lost .25" in my neck, .5" in my hips, and a whole INCH in my waist!! :drinker: and the muscles in my legs are pretty awesome :bigsmile: so i'm making my goals a lot smaller from now on, i know i can't expect my usual 2lb losses anymore, so i'm aiming for 195 by the end of the month :flowerforyou:
  • azsuzi
    Options

With the way I ate yesterday and today, I may not be for long :laugh: It's still exciting to see which one of us will get there first! Good luck!!
  • karinane
    karinane Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Despite some poor eating yesterday I managed to end up pretty good this week.

weight: 153.6
    house points: 263

OWLs: total- 9
    food- 5
    exercise- 3
    spirit- 1
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am home from my conference and it was terrific. Saw so many people that I haven't seen in a while. Managed to stay on target for the entire conference too.

My profile pic is my before and my current pics are in my profile. It keeps me focused.

Pam
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Options
    Im going to have to hide this box of fun dip if I am not going to eat junk food all week.
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Options

My profile pic is my before and my current pics are in my profile. It keeps me focused.

That is a fantastic idea