New and Nervous!

Options
Hi my name is Laura, im 22 and have decided to take some control over my every fluctuating weight and would really appreciate any help and advice. I think my weakness is certainly finding the right foods for me! I can be quite good and disciplined when it comes to exercise but im sure as many of you know, this can sometimes fade and you fall into a bit of a bad habit. I am taking this serious now and I mean business so all help and support is hugely appreciated!

Thanks!
Laura Xx

Replies

• briannaghall
    Options
    I have the same problem! Don't worry girl we can do this together(:
    Add me if you like, we can support each other!
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! (: There is a whole section for recipes and portions in the forums, with healthy foods to make yourself.
    This way, you know exactly what's in it, and don't have to guess about what you're eating!

A good habit I made for excersize before I got sick was pick four days a week, when I know I'm not busy.
    This way, I can have that time to do exactly what I need to: Excersize.
    I also started walking to near places, like the grocery store, instead of driving.

We're all very supportive here (:
    Feel free to add me.
  • tpage81
    Options
    Hi, new today too. Same reasons, I need to keep track off things and I'm an emotional eater (who isn't right?)
    It's good to know that there is so much support on here and I'm not alone xx
  • ladieloo
    ladieloo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im already feeling so much more optimisitc about this with the replys on my post! My determination is definately there I just hope the will power will stick around! lol!

Laura
    Xx
  • Manysongs
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I've been on here for a short time and have found everyone to be so positive and supportive. Add me if you like and we can help support each other. :smile:
  • tofutot
    Options
    HI! Welcome.

Foods that help me are foods that keep my blood sugar level. Foods that are high in fiber, like lots of veggies, beans, lean poultry, low fat dairy, whole grains, some fruit and healthy fat do the trick for me. Basically a nice balance of clean, wholesome, healthy food. I avoid alcohol, sugar, white flour, fast & overly processed food and (for me), most meats and full fat dairy.

Good luck - I also weigh & measure everything, and eat many mini-meals a day. I never allow myself to get too hungry. I NEVER say I'm being restrictive - I prefer to call it "Selective." And I ALWAYS say, "I can eat whatever I want. I just chose not to eat that today. Maybe tomorrow I'll eat it." And of course, by the time tomorrow comes - I never want it, ha!

And try to take it "One Day At A Time." It's not so hard doing the right thing for ONE day. Forget about the number of pounds you need to lose. If you do the right thing - one day at a time, eventually you will be exactly where you want to be.

Good luck!
    Judy
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options

And try to take it "One Day At A Time." It's not so hard doing the right thing for ONE day. Forget about the number of pounds you need to lose. If you do the right thing - one day at a time, eventually you will be exactly where you want to be.

Good luck!
    Judy

Probably the best advice I could give someone.
  • ladieloo
    ladieloo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @tofutot - Thanks so much for the great reply! very informative with some great advice! I think these forums are going to be my saviour! :) Xx
  • JenniferH007
    Options
    welcome i just understand i just join 5 day ago but stated to workout 9 months ago want you need to remimber is to eat 5 small meal a day and eat enouph calories in a day and you will be just find i will send you a friend invite let me know if you need anything.
    jennnifer