New Challenge: Regular Fasting

Options
Hey all you guys and gals,
I've started a regular fast and it's really helped me to fell better inside and out. Here's how it works:
Every Monday I fast the entire day, drinking only water or juice. No milk. I just stay busy the whole day so I don't think about eating. The hardest part of the day for me is when the kids go down and I can choose to have a small snack or not. Fortunately, my hubby helps to challenge me not to eat anything. I've wanted to give in around 8:00 almost every Monday night. The reason why I wanted to start it is because every weekend I feel so bloated from snacking and visiting with friends and after church luncheons. So one day I just woke up and said, "I'm going to fast today and give my body a break." So I did. Come Tuesday morning, I actually felt really good and I had lost 2 pounds. Of course, you gain almost 2 pounds back by the next Monday morning. But it's not for weight loss anyways. It's mostly a regular body cleansing. Give it a try. I know that it's not possible for everyone. But even a partial fast would give your system a break.
Anyways, join me if you want. Or give me your imput or past experiences with fasting.

Replies

• Itscrunchtime
    Options
    Hey all you guys and gals,
    I've started a regular fast and it's really helped me to fell better inside and out. Here's how it works:
    Every Monday I fast the entire day, drinking only water or juice. No milk. I just stay busy the whole day so I don't think about eating. The hardest part of the day for me is when the kids go down and I can choose to have a small snack or not. Fortunately, my hubby helps to challenge me not to eat anything. I've wanted to give in around 8:00 almost every Monday night. The reason why I wanted to start it is because every weekend I feel so bloated from snacking and visiting with friends and after church luncheons. So one day I just woke up and said, "I'm going to fast today and give my body a break." So I did. Come Tuesday morning, I actually felt really good and I had lost 2 pounds. Of course, you gain almost 2 pounds back by the next Monday morning. But it's not for weight loss anyways. It's mostly a regular body cleansing. Give it a try. I know that it's not possible for everyone. But even a partial fast would give your system a break.
    Anyways, join me if you want. Or give me your imput or past experiences with fasting.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    I used to do a juice fast once a week also. I made my own juice and I always felt great afterward. Good luck keeping it up.
  • 3boyzmom
    3boyzmom Posts: 18
    Options
    i think that I will join you...I have read that there are great health benefits from fasting.