Day one .. many more to go!

Options
Feeling positive today, but I know its going to be an uphill struggle and need all the support I can get! After having two boys close together and both being delivered C-Sect .... its time to shrug this excess weight. Any helpful tips would be appreciated

Replies

• CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Good luck with your journey. I love this website and all the information I get from it.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello! You'll love it here, I'm sure. Everyone is supportive… sometimes it's tough love, sometimes it's just a kind word. Just remember it's all about YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Welcome to the 1st day of your new healthy journey! You can do it. I understand 2 c-sections and have found if I do too many ab exercises my incision still hurts. It has been over 3 years since my last one. You have the right attitude and have come to the right place for support!
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! It IS an uphill battle, but so worth the journey and you have come to the right place for support. This whole site is full of priceless information and the people are awesome!!! I've never had a C-section, but weight loss in general is tough and so much nicer to do with others reaching for the same goal.

Good luck and have fun with it!
    Wendy
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!! Its going to be rough but never give up!! Also, I find it helpful not to deny myself anything. The minute I tell myself I can't have anything is the minute I crave it..and won't stop until I have it. Like today..I wanted mashed potatoes so I bought some turnips as well and made 1/2 potato and 1/2 turnips. My husband never knew the difference and it wasn't as unhealthy as plain mashed. Also..since I was well under my calories for the day I indulged and was able to have a 1000 grand bar (fun size - 98 calories). Its all in moderation!! Keep up the good work and when you get down...just log into MFP and there are a TON of people ready and willing to help you out!!
  • claireliston
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your support .... Day two here we go!!

One question - how often do you weight yourselves, I am planning to only do it once a week?
  • sandibeach48
    Options
    hello and good morning to everyone, I too am re starting this journey to better health, I am so excited to get this weight off. I guess it has started to show its ugly face and making me feel OLD. Now my joints hurt, so out of shape and this is not how I want to age at all. So loving this site so far and using my Iphone to track meals. I ate whatever I wanted yesterday, and wrote it down and found out I was so low in protein, it sure is an eye opener. !!! Good luck to everyone and looking forward to some new buddies to go on this journey with.