Options
How many of you have lost weight with a calory allowance of 1530?

Do you think I can achieve this, i can not manage 1200 I would get too hungry and then blow it! I am 5'2 and I weigh 202.5lbs is this manageavble? Next week I be also including exercise of the davina power of three which involved 30mins three times a week as all I can manafe at the mo with just having had a baby which eats up most of my time!

Replies

• hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat 1900-- net anywhere from 1200-1900 depending on exercise.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" 145 pounds I had that calorie allowance and even as an active mom and working out everyday I was maintaining. I didn't loose weight until I went down a step to 1420 calories and I seem to be losing now. But you can try, I tried it for 3 months and then switched after not seeing results! Or you could do that for a while then go down a little to work yourself towards it!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with 1530? Is that a number MFP gave you when you put in that you wanted to lose x amount of weight per week? If so and you stick to the 1530 then you should lose x amount per week. Good luck.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It all depends on you. I am 5 2 and they say I have an allowance of 1200 calories. There are days I eat under ( thats my problem!) as I end up slowing my metabolism down so much that it doesnt kick in and I have days when I work out that I am always hungry.

I would suggest looking at your nutrition too. When you are hungry, if you snack on fruits and veggies, you might be over 1200 calories, but great as opposed to fast food and under 1200 calories. Calories shouldnt define your life. I would suggest starting slow and tailor it to your body. Since you just had a baby, you definitely need to eat more than 1200 calories when you are breastfeeding. Snack on healthy stuff, your body and baby will thank you for it!
  • ilovelife
    Options
    How did you come up with 1530? Is that a number MFP gave you when you put in that you wanted to lose x amount of weight per week? If so and you stick to the 1530 then you should lose x amount per week. Good luck.

Yes I used MFP recommendation when typing in my details and it said to use that amount of calroes
  • ilovelife
    Options
    thanks guys for all the replies - been a great help :)
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    So according to MFP if you eat 1530 you should lose one pound a week, correct? Give it a shot then and make some adjustments if necessary. One thing I've noticed with me is I make time for some exercise almost every day now since more exercise equals more calories that I can eat. I figure I'm not willing to eat healthy all the time so I try to earn my unhealthy meals:)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Around 1500 (plus calories earned from exercise) was my favorite range. I lost about the same amount of weight as I did at 1200-1300, and was able to eat more so I felt better and had more energy.
  • ilovelife
    Options
    So according to MFP if you eat 1530 you should lose one pound a week, correct? Give it a shot then and make some adjustments if necessary. One thing I've noticed with me is I make time for some exercise almost every day now since more exercise equals more calories that I can eat. I figure I'm not willing to eat healthy all the time so I try to earn my unhealthy meals:)

Yeah I am aiming to lose 1lb per week, I have decided to do some exercise and I am pretty good at sticking to calories with the odd blip here and there so the extra calories earned will help with that, I just got to wait and see - hoping it will work :)
  • ilovelife
    Options
    Around 1500 (plus calories earned from exercise) was my favorite range. I lost about the same amount of weight as I did at 1200-1300, and was able to eat more so I felt better and had more energy.

That is good to hear - that is why I don't want to go low because of the energy factor. I am fine with losing 1lb a week and not starve I be a very happy bunny if it works for me :)