First Five days and very Hopeful

Options
Hi,
My name is Joy. I found fitness pal while looking for a calorie counter- it's everything and more than I hoped for!!
I shared this site with a friend, who just started this journey with me five days ago. She was as excited about it as I am!!
My first step has been to get control over what I was consuming. With a few days of that encouraging me, I'm ready to start exercising- just walking, I think. I hope to get back into running. I know that lean muscle burns calories. That is the goal- get and maintain lean muscle mass so I can eat what I want! However, I am finding some delicious, good- carb (vegetable) meals that I really could give up flour and sugar for good!!
I would like to find a friend to walk with- anyone in Utah county- please say Hi.
Joy

Replies

• JoyBelle
    JoyBelle Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Joy. I found fitness pal while looking for a calorie counter- it's everything and more than I hoped for!!
    I shared this site with a friend, who just started this journey with me five days ago. She was as excited about it as I am!!
    My first step has been to get control over what I was consuming. With a few days of that encouraging me, I'm ready to start exercising- just walking, I think. I hope to get back into running. I know that lean muscle burns calories. That is the goal- get and maintain lean muscle mass so I can eat what I want! However, I am finding some delicious, good- carb (vegetable) meals that I really could give up flour and sugar for good!!
    I would like to find a friend to walk with- anyone in Utah county- please say Hi.
    Joy
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Joy!

Good luck to you! Fitness Pal is addictive as well as encouraging!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, Joy,

this is an awesome website. take the time to find out about all the great features. there's a great group called 50+ women----look for us under motivation and support---we keep in touch with each other and give each other encouragement---we might not be able to walk with you but we'll be helpful in a lot of other ways. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: