5 Months Hard Work = pure satisfaction + happiness

Options
:smile: Just wanted to express on here how happy I am at my weight loss acheivments so far. I started this journey in June and have managed to lose 8 kgs. I still have 2kgs to go to reach my goal weight but to have made it this far is such a great feeling. For so many years Im talking probably 12 or so I have carried around those extra kilos after having 4 children and consuming many medications for post natal depression. The kids are all grown up now and after many "trys" at diets with no sucess at all, this time I really made the committment and it paid off. I can say, I was much heavier then and wearing 2 dress sizes bigger than I used to, but earlier this year when a small child made a comment, "are you pregnant" I was utterly devastated and knew I needed to make some big changes if I wanted to feel better about myself and not feel so self concious about my stomach and being in photos. So first on the agenda was no more chocolate pods as I was probably eating a packet a day!! Also, was time to really cut back on all those carbs. Now this was very difficult in the beginning, the cravings were awful. But I started on the tony ferguson choc shakes for breakfast and lunch and they were quite satisfying. Excersise was another biggie, basically in the beginning I just did at least one 30 minute walk a day and if I could manage it and extra one, but as long as I got the one in. Smaller portion sizes is another thing that I have learned and I still have chocolate but in moderation like 2-3 sqaures and just not every day. I still like my coke but instead I now drink zero and limit myself to a maximum of 2 a day. Well, good luck to everyone else out there and it can be done, it really just does take persistence and patience.:happy:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!