A Thousand Reasons Not To Binge...

Options
I came up with this idea while in the shower after my latest binge (which I am still crippled from... Seriously, what the hell was I thinking?!) I have a motivational wall above my scale in my bathroom, and I have recently been putting up reasons not to binge... The idea being that it reminds me of how truly awful I am feeling at a time like this so I don't do it again (that is the plan... Clearly I am an epic failure) I thought it would be fun to see if we can get to one thousand reasons together :) Then we can refer to the list the next time that damn peanut butter looks our way! (WHY do I even own such things?? Why oh why oh why??) Anyway... I'll start the list :) Add your own and remember to number them so we can keep track...

A thousand reasons not to binge...

1. Being so full that you can't move
2. Being super thirsty but not even being able to stomach water
3. Undoing everything thing that you have worked so hard for
4. Dirty hunger the next day... Aka the food hangover
5. It's never ever ever worth it. Ever.
6. Feeling like throwing up... And thinking that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, despite your intense fear of vomitting (that's specific to me, lol)
7. Being so full that it hurts to breathe
8. Gaining five, six, seven, ten pounds overnight... And taking a week to lose it again
9. Binge bloat and distended stomachs
10. The feeling of shame, disgust and intense self loathing as soon as it is over.

There's my top ten... Add to the list! :)

Replies

• lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Getting heartburn from eating to much
    pants tight and hurting
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    11. Feeling horrible when the kids ask where their snacks went.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    11. Feeling horrible when the kids ask where their snacks went.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilty when you do it in secret! :cry:
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    guilt
    not looking or feeling as good as you want for that special event
    having to start over
    will continue with the bindge
    not being in control
    feeling sick
    looking bloated
    it's just plain unhealthy
    for me my face breaks out, get's red and blotchy
    can't buy new clothes as planned.\
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Feeling like you could sleep for a thousand years afterwards, and wiping out a whole weekend..
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    Number 6 is EXACTLY like me :(
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Falling into a food coma and then waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep again.

Edit to add: If you really want to see what a food binge does. Do what I did yesterday and log it to see how awful it really was. I found one of my mindless nutella and saltine sessions cost me 991 cal. and 44 g of fat!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    This sounds a little pro-ana to me :frown: Sorry if I'm wrong. Not being nasty, just concerned.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Even one high fat binge can cause your liver to inflame. Enough repeated binges can lead to fatty liver disease, something that you'll never feel until it's too late.
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just think, you can't really gain 5-10lb from 1 binge. 1lb = 3500 calories. So you'd have to eat your BMR + 3500 to gain just one pound. It's water weight.
    That's how I cheer myself up after a binge :)
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Because an hour after I stuff my face, it's hours on the throne..............bombs away.
  • sarah1211
    Options
    This sounds a little pro-ana to me :frown: Sorry if I'm wrong. Not being nasty, just concerned.

Well of course it is. It definitely should be recognized in the psychology field. It's an emotional and unsatisfied need, just as with anorexia or bulimia. It's probably just as common. I have binged countless times... Its an addiction. Just as strong as a drug addiction and easier to accomidate. I relapse just as an addict does.