Newbie Dubie Doo!

Options
Phatmomma
Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
I'm new to the site. I work best with a support team or someone else who is trying to reach similar goals. I am still nursing but trying to wean. My daughter is 2 and I want to loose at least 50 lbs but ultimate goal is 70. Everyone says I look fit, lol. Um not! I carry my weight well, I even work as a promo model sometimes on weekends. But in honesty I weigh 210 lbs give or take. I am 5'11 almost though. My ideal weight is 137-156 I think fo rmy frame (small) I just never thought I could or would gain weight. I am going through testing for thyroid disorders but even though I know there is something medically wrong, :sad: one still can't gain weight without actually eating. I rarely seem to get or rather get rid of that hungry thing. I do know my stomach is full but the "hunger" is there. I was like that when I was thin and in extraordinary shape though. I remember being so hungry in highschool and not being able to concentrate or getting dizzy. I would have to sneak and eat in class.
So maybe that was a sign something was wrong. Who knows. Anyway probably too much info. So basically I don't plan to have any more children and I would like to loose weight and get fit again.:smile:

Replies

• Phatmomma
    Options
    I'm new to the site. I work best with a support team or someone else who is trying to reach similar goals. I am still nursing but trying to wean. My daughter is 2 and I want to loose at least 50 lbs but ultimate goal is 70. Everyone says I look fit, lol. Um not! I carry my weight well, I even work as a promo model sometimes on weekends. But in honesty I weigh 210 lbs give or take. I am 5'11 almost though. My ideal weight is 137-156 I think fo rmy frame (small) I just never thought I could or would gain weight. I am going through testing for thyroid disorders but even though I know there is something medically wrong, :sad: one still can't gain weight without actually eating. I rarely seem to get or rather get rid of that hungry thing. I do know my stomach is full but the "hunger" is there. I was like that when I was thin and in extraordinary shape though. I remember being so hungry in highschool and not being able to concentrate or getting dizzy. I would have to sneak and eat in class.
    So maybe that was a sign something was wrong. Who knows. Anyway probably too much info. So basically I don't plan to have any more children and I would like to loose weight and get fit again.:smile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site:flowerforyou: I wish you much luck!
  • SoulfulLori
    Options
    I just joined too. I hope if something is "off" with your system that they find it and make it right. A healthy lifestyle is a marathon event, not a sprint so take your time and learn stuff to teach your child. I too carry my weight well. I am 183 lbs at 5'8" and most people think I'm 20lbs thinner than that. At 155lbs people tell me I"m too thin! I'm always a heavily muscled kinda gal so I know how it is to get in deep in this before "it shows".

Good luck!

Lori
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Thanks! No Soup for You!:laugh:
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Thanks Lori. Steady and slow wins the race right? or at least I think that is how it goes lol.:bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Thanks! No Soup for You!:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • deborahsanchezmacy
    Options
    Welcome, I am new too. We can do it. I have already lost about 50pounds. Mine was the divorce diet. But I don't want to go back and I still need to lose between 15 to 20 pounds. I also find a do the best with support. Please feel free to contact me. We can encourage one another.
  • shellynbuzz
    Options
    I am new to the site. I need all the support I can get. I need to lose about 50 lbs. I am one of those that wanted results yesterday, it is hard for me to stay focused when I don't see results right away. Anyhow, I have made my mind up to lose the weight. Good luck to all of those who are in the same boat. :drinker:
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    Thanks that would be great! I had a minor surgery this weekend so I just made an excuse to eat fast food and my mom's cooking which is everything with more added FAT than is needed lol. So ladies and gents, be sure to give me the PUSH I need to get back on the wagon! Well I haven't gotten on the wagon yet. But today so far I have eaten a salad and am drinking green tea at work... If I can just stay under 1200 or around 1200. :flowerforyou:
  • Phatmomma
    Options
    That is so ME. :bigsmile: Results yesterday. I know every wrong way to loose weight FAST and keep it off for a few months lol. But I'd rather loose it for good this time. So that means no more 2 pounds every other day but rather 2 pounds a week if I'm lucky doing it the best way. So you guys and gals push me and I will push ya' too! I will be in my bikini this summer Dang it!:angry: