A little late, but anyone want to join me?

Options
I'm going to perform on stage in a month, and I'd reeeeeeeeeeally like to lose 8-10 lbs by then. That means kicking my butt in November. Anyone want to join me in a support group? Not sure how this works, but we can just continue this thread with goals and confidence boosts and encouragement? I know it's a little late, but it's not too late, right? :)

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll join you! :)
  • cookiejones
    Options
    Awesome. :) How much do you want to lose, or what changes do you want to see in November? :)
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I'll join! The main change I want to see is a smaller waist. Really need to do exercises for the core.
  • boog_hudson
    boog_hudson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll join too. I would like to lose 5lb by the end of Nov.
  • cookiejones
    Options
    Awesome. What is everyone doing, fitness wise now? And what will you add in November?

I'm hoping to add some stairs to my regime. I hate them, but they seem to do the trick for me :(
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i'm in!

i wanna focus on my eating! trying really hard to eat clean but it's hard some times...
  • hm_day
    Options
    Awesome. :) How much do you want to lose, or what changes do you want to see in November? :)

My MFP fitness goal is to get me down to 130lbs, and I'm at 132 right now (started off at 147lbs). Overall I want to get down to 120lbs, which is where I feel best with my build.

As far as changes in November, I want to run a 5k. I'm doing a 5k training for April. Normally it's a 4 week program but I had hip surgery this past April and want to give my body time to adjust to the sudden changes in my activity. So therefore I'm doing it over 6 months. By the end of November, I want to be able to run a full 5k! :)
  • Lozzielol
    Options
    I'll join you! Need to kick my butt into shape before the dreaded holiday season, I need to master self control and be able to say 'NO!'. My goal is to drop around 10lbs and fit properly into my (UK) 12's. They're a little tight just now if im completely honest! So, I'm starting this week by logging everyday, and working on what Im eating. Its hard, because Im on a major budget but I'll do my best. Then I'll be using my savings for an exercise bike for using when its cold and snowy outside. Let's do this! :)
  • boog_hudson
    Options
    Awesome. What is everyone doing, fitness wise now? And what will you add in November?

This month I'm working on eating more veggies and adding in a few supplemental workouts. I just picked up Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism from the library. I'm hoping it gives my weight loss an extra boost.
  • hm_day
    Options
    Are we gonna do challenges to get us more motivated?
    Also, if anyone wants to add me as a motivation buddy, feel free :) I also have a support group that could use a little help!
  • cookiejones
    Options
    How about adding one thing this week. More water, more cardio/strength, omitting a treat, etc.

I'm reeally trying to cut down on simple sugars, so not eating a rice/potato/bread etc. with my dinner. (which is hard for me) :(
  • luvbugsmom
    luvbugsmom Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'll join, I'm wanting to lose 5-10lbs by the end of November.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i'll join. My bday is Dec 7th and I wanna be down about 10lbs by then
  • hm_day
    Options
    How about adding one thing this week. More water, more cardio/strength, omitting a treat, etc.

I'm reeally trying to cut down on simple sugars, so not eating a rice/potato/bread etc. with my dinner. (which is hard for me) :(

I think potato is perfectly acceptable. Can be pretty low in calories and it's very good for you!!

Mine is more water. I've been slacking really bad. Might need to bust out my water bottles again!
  • deblacy
    Options
    I'd love to be part of your group! it's never too late!~ I am currently 140 (5'3) want to get to 130 first, then see if I can get back to 125 and keep it there. I'm in sales and my territory is 2 hours away, so when I am out, it's really hard to make time to exercise and eat well, but I know when I keep my journal I am more motivated and stay on track better. Thanks! Debbie
  • cookiejones
    Options
    How was everyone's Monday?
  • boog_hudson
    Options
    How was everyone's Monday?

Monday was great! Did my Jillian workout (which kicked my but in a good way) and ate well. It was a nice start to the week. Now I just have to keep it going.
  • luvbugsmom
    luvbugsmom Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This week I am trying to drink a lot more water!!!! I noticed last week that when I drank nothing but water, I felt less tired and seemed to have more energy. (This coming from someone who drank 3-4 sodas a day) Plus I am going to get to the gym 4 times this week, unless the last few weeks its only been 1-2 days. Good luck everyone and Happy Tuesday!!!!
  • Lozzielol
    Options
    So far so good this week, how is everyone doing? I've been slacking on my water a little, so I've looked out my big glasses and Im set to get that back into shape! :D
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I'll join!

This week, I am trying to eat right and work off my water retention thanks to.. well anyways, I really want to focus on making my stomach smaller and toning. I can do the cardio and resistance for everything else, but toning is just something I can't hype myself up for. Hoping everyone's Thursday ---*checks calendar* .. Yeah! Hope everyone's Thursday is going swell.