Digital versus Dial Scale Advice

Options
I have a Weight Watchers digital scale and an old Taylor dial scale. My dial scale which I just dug out of the closet records my weight as 5 or 6 pounds less than my digital scale. I even calibrated my dial up scale by putting my 4 pound hand weights on the scale to make sure my weight would be accurate. However when I put my 4 pound weights on the digital scale, it wouldn't move past 0.0? Which scale would you believe as a true indicator of my weight? I'm SO hoping you say dial scale because if that is the case then I now have hit my mini goal # 1 weight loss of 40 pounds.

Replies

• PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Most digital scales auto calibrate, plus some show weights down to the tenth. I prefer digital.
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    every set of scales will weight you dif just choose a set and use them you will know if you losing thats most important
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers digital scale and an old Taylor dial scale. My dial scale which I just dug out of the closet records my weight as 5 or 6 pounds less than my digital scale. I even calibrated my dial up scale by putting my 4 pound hand weights on the scale to make sure my weight would be accurate. However when I put my 4 pound weights on the digital scale, it wouldn't move past 0.0? Which scale would you believe as a true indicator of my weight? I'm SO hoping you say dial scale because if that is the case then I now have hit my mini goal # 1 weight loss of 40 pounds.

haha I literally did this 15 mins ago. I put a 5lb weight on my WW scale and it wouldnt go past 0. I grabbed another 5lb scale and it registered both as 10.3 That was close enough for me to continue using my scale. I checked my dial scale and the 5lb weight came up 5lb as well. Both seemed accurate.
  • jresh
    jresh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had the same question, so I put two 15-pound weights on my digital and the same weight on my dial scale. The digital read accurately at 15 pounds, and the dial scale came up a full 5 pounds under. Yeah, I got really excited when I tried the dial... It's OK, though, because I am still steadily, albeit slowly, losing weight!