im stuck!

Options
Ok I've been at 156.6 for a week and half now and im sick of it!! I was 154 *cries*. WWYD?

Replies

• CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Measure!!! There will be times the scale won't move but your inches will! Don't go off plan and don't think eating a cheeseburger will 'shake' things up. Just keep going and eventually the scale will catch up to the inches! If you don't measure....start NOW!!!

It will be ok. Whatever you do...do NOT drop your calories!!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Try changing something- it looks like your calories have been really low lately, and that can definitely stall weight loss. Try eating over your limit for a few days, and then going back to your limit- don't net under 1200 (which you seem to do regularly).

Try a new workout, maybe your body has gotten used to the old one and has stopped benefiting as much as it used to.

Hope this helps!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would urge you to adjust your calorie and macronutrient intake regardless of your recent stalling. As a side note, it will probably help your issue as well.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    A week and half isn't very long. I know it's frustrating all the same, but give yourself sometime. I often go a few weeks without a loss and then I'll have a 3-4 lb loss.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    calories too low can backfire indeed... I had a whole month of that before I realized I wasn't eating enough... it takes balance and shifting that balance at times.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I just briefly looked through your food diary. You aren't eating enough. You should eat a mininum of 1200 calories a day and for some that's not enough. I learned that I need too eat around 1500 calories a day, that's with exercise. Are you drinking enough water? Because you haven't logged that in.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Measure!!! There will be times the scale won't move but your inches will! Don't go off plan and don't think eating a cheeseburger will 'shake' things up. Just keep going and eventually the scale will catch up to the inches! If you don't measure....start NOW!!!

It will be ok. Whatever you do...do NOT drop your calories!!!

Sometimes a cheeseburger is exactly what people need.
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above! Measure - if you do that - and see if your are losing inches... but changing your diet can really help too. Just 200 calories more for a day or 2 might help. And you can add some more exercise to balance it out a bit, sometimes your bod just needs to get out of reserve-mode!
  • michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    While not all people immediately stall the moment that they hit 1200 calories, you do seem to be eating less than is ideal. With good exercise, the goal is to not have too large a deficit. While a week and a half is really not a long stall, it does look like you are headed for, if not in, a mode where your body is responding to your efforts by lowering your metabolism. After a while, especially if you aren't exercising to keep your calorie-burn high, your body is just going to respond by lowering your metabolism -- potentially to the point where you feel awful all of the time. You may then stall and just stay there.

Personally, I broke out of a plateau by beginning to zig-zag my calories (you can google for that or calorie-cycling). I have some high-calorie days (where I deliberately go over, that day, although keeping myself in a calculated deficit range, or, at least, a maintenance range) and some low calorie days. However, I generally avoid calorie-counts as low as those you seem to be averaging.

Your body will, as others have noted, fight you if your calorie deficit is too large. Try to keep that in mind and keep healthy snacks around to boost your calorie-count up, a bit. Also, you might try a multivitamin. A lot of nutrients are stored in fat, and your body might resist burning it without the supplementation.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Read this http://body-improvements.com/eat.
    Start at 1500 calories adjust up or down depending on the scale(2 weeks) or inches and adjust your macronutrients for more protein and start exercising.
  • judyw51
    Options
    I agree you need to eat more calories. You are putting your body into starvation mode and messing with your metabolism. Strength training combined with Cardio is great combination.

Sometimes the inches will come off faster then the weight. Be patient.

Muscle weighs the EXACT same as fat it just takes of less space.

Good Luck
  • sunnyd52
    Options
    it's ture....I ate like a pig yesterday going over my 1200 cal limit and didn't exercise ! I weighted myself this moring and I LOST 2 LBS. Go figure:glasses:
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Eat at least 1200 calories every day, more if you exercise. Eat your exercise calories. Try to do some exercise every day. Squeeze in a few minutes walking if nothing else.

I wasn't eating my exercise calories and was exercising alot. My calories were under 1200 net per day and eventually my weight loss stalled until I upped my calorie intake.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

While I haven't read the above page specifically, I just wanted to chime in with this: The above site belongs to Steve Troutman, he's a regular poster here on MFP and very good at what he does. Highly recommend people check this site out.
  • slwall
    Options
    I BEEN DEALING WITH MY WEIGHT ALOT SOME DAYS I GET DEPRESS, BUT I TAKE A BREATH AND SAY IT'S GOING TO BE OK I CAN DO THIS I AM MOTIVATING MYSELF I WENT TO THE DOCTOR THE FIRST TIME I WEIGHED IN AT 244 AND THAT WAS ON MY 41ST BIRTHDAY WENT BACK IN NOV 3 AND I HAD LOST TWO LBS WAS SAD CAUSE I WANTED TO HAVE MORE THAN THAT BUT THEN I SAID THATS OK I DID LOSE THAT SO IF THERES ANYONE HERE I COULD USE SOME MOTIVATION EVERY NOW AND THEN TO HELP ME REACH MY GOAL:happy: