Training for 10K-Half Marathon. Support Thread?

Options
Well, I trained for 8 weeks to run a 5K and my end results was 28:12. I've walked 2 5Ks and even a 10K, but now I got into running to up my endurance, get more fit and so on, so now I'm working on maintaining my 3 milers, and slowly pushing ahead beyond the point. So, to anyone that graduated the C25K program, and is now working on other training programs, just thought it would be nice to have a support thread so we can update every so often on our progress. Always open to friends, but please, if you send me request please just add a note. I don't accept blank requests as said on my profile. Thanks :smile:

Replies

• beccaroonie
    Options
    That is great! Good job! I see how much you have lost too so congratulations! I run but am not nearly where you are. I just now got up to 3 miles and am working on running it faster. I am at 10.5 to 11 minute miles and want to do a 5k in 28 minutes or less. I use Nike Plus for training and tracking my progress. Keep up the great work!
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I recently finished C25K and I am working on Bridge to 10K. I start week 2 this week and have an 8K scheduled in December. This thread is a great idea, there doesn't seem to be a ton of support groups for the inbetweeners (ie 5Kers and Marathon runners).
    My 5K pace is 10:30-11:00 m/min
  • Jen2ssaint
    Options
    I too just completed my first 5K last weekend (my time was 30:42 while pushing my 5 yr old in a stroller) and have signed up for a Jingle Bell Run (another 5K) this month! I have been toying with the idea of training for a 10K but haven't completely gotten myself there yet! I think I just need to push myself a little farther each time I run. Today I ran about 3.4 miles instead of the regular 3.1 (baby steps). Anyway I would be interested in a support thread as well. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am new to the support threads!
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Do you have a goal race yet? I have just started my training for a hypothermic half marathon. The date is yet to be determined, but its in February. Our running club is actually going to start our own, we are just waiting for the required permits to come through. If it doesn't, we will travel to a nearby one that month.
    I would love to have support.