fast food and my boyfriend

Options
Now that I live with my boyfriend and our work schedules are so messed up, we seem to be eating fast food more often =/ Its hard to say no when theres no food at the house and all ive eaten during the day is two granola bars. What should i do? I kno salads are an option but Im getting sick of them lol and my dear boyfriend tells me not to worry bc I'm already skinny and perfect the way I am and I'm the only one who sees the pooch =/ I've posted pics where you can clearly see it lmao. Im just going crazy bc its all thats left is this little damn pooch D=

plus, will cleansing help get out the toxins of the fast food I have been eating? Or other toxins that arent food related?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Not to be mean, but muster up some self control and go grocery shopping. Edit: don't bother cleansing. Get your priorities in order and fill the fridge with nutritious foods.
  • CraziiPrettiiMILF
    Options
    you look great to me. I don't know how tall you are, but I sure hope you are looking at a healthy goal weight.

we all need to set realistic goals in life and remember that "we" can point out our imperfections before anyone else.

men aren't forever, self-confident should be.
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    I eat controlled portions of pasta and when I make dishes I divide them up into containers and freeze them.

If I do't have time to defrost any meat I sometimes have my pasta with chickpeas and pesto.
  • Elfinmajic
    Elfinmajic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You might try going to the websites of the fast food places that you frequent and learning the nutritional breakdown of the foods they serve. You can make healthier choices at those restaurants, but you have to know what you are doing. You might actually stop your boyfriend from eating there so much once you see exactly what you are eating :)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,970 Member
    Options
    Although fast food isn't good for you, at 104 you probably don't need to lose any more weight. Maybe the BF is right about that. The ultimate dilemma --fast food or cooking it yourself.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Of course your boyfriend tells you that you're perfect the way you are! That's part of his gig. As far as cleansing, if we had as many "toxins" in our system some people assert, we would be a sorry bunch indeed.
    Buckle down, tell your b/f to quit tempting you with crap food, and get yourself to the grocery store. It's your life, and your body, and you should be proud of the proactive steps you are taking to keep yourself healthy.
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    its hard to go grocery shopping when we're only at the house for about 2 hours a day(other than sleeping). We work so much its insane. We mostly get to cook on our one day off. We've wasted perfectly good food in the past and learned from that mistake. Maybe just buying weekly portions of food cud work tho. Nd I'm not gonna deny the lack of self control lately when Im practically starving and then Gaining all my calories of the day and more from one meal of fast food xP

BUUUUUT I'm not saying I eat fast food every night. Just like once a week, but still, I HATE it grr.

Nd i sed im 4'11 for my height a healthy weight is 95-115 llbs. So yes I am right in the middle but I want to be fit, not ok so I dnt need to bother to be healthier ya kno? Nd my bf already thinks I'm perfect the way I am now so its not for him, its for me. 110%(<--that sounded conceited, im sorry. i just mean I kno hes more than happy with how i am now. i didnt literally mean perfect :blushing: hehe)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Not to be mean, but muster up some self control and go grocery shopping. Edit: don't bother cleansing. Get your priorities in order and fill the fridge with nutritious foods.

Yeah, this.

Oh, and if you do it right, grocery shopping, meal planning, and cooking together can be FUN!

If viewed correctly a grocery store is a giant warehouse of props and song cues and inside jokes waiting for a young couple in love with a shared sense of humor!

I remember being young, poor, newly shacking up, and working crazy hours when we never saw each other during the week. The future hubs and I really looked forward to our weekly grocery shopping "date" because it was time we spent TOGETHER. We'd start with the proteins and see what was on sale or discounted (did I mention we were POOR?!), and then work our weekly meal plan based on that . . .and work out our cooking plan based on who would be home when during the week.

Now married 27 years, we STILL prefer to do our grocery shopping together-- and we're both great cooks!
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Yeah, this.

Oh, and if you do it right, grocery shopping, meal planning, and cooking together can be FUN!

If viewed correctly a grocery store is a giant warehouse of props and song cues and inside jokes waiting for a young couple in love with a shared sense of humor!

I remember being young, poor, newly shacking up, and working crazy hours when we never saw each other during the week. The future hubs and I really looked forward to our weekly grocery shopping "date" because it was time we spent TOGETHER. We'd start with the proteins and see what was on sale or discounted (did I mention we were POOR?!), and then work our weekly meal plan based on that . . .and work out our cooking plan based on who would be home when during the week.

Now married 27 years, we STILL prefer to do our grocery shopping together-- and we're both great cooks!

so sweet and romantic (and very happy for you two by the way! =]] congrats)
    however if i depended on my bf to cook, we would be quite thin, but im pretty sure itd be from food poisening lol. he almost always gets off before me. But I'm positive I gonna start getting off earlier bc i put in a request for a shift change so, I think next check, we're having a grocery shopping date =)
  • hollwoods
    hollwoods Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It was really hard for me to break free of fast food and convenience food eating. But it's a necessity, you look fantastic, but your heart might be crying out. Start with some inexpensive seasonal foods, squash varieties are fun to play around with and try, and can take anywhere between 20-60mins in the oven with some nice spices. If I am working a long shift at work, I'll prepare in the morning so it's almost all ready for me.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Let me give you some inside information, and see if you can use it in your lifestyle/timeframe.

What makes fast food fast is one of three things:
    1. its pre-assembled and you're eating 30 minute old junk, or
    2. its precooked and we just warmed it up and slapped it together, or
    3. (in rare cases when the food is raw to begin with,) we're working with pre-thawed meat on very hot surfaces, or in very hot oil.

For #3, you're still looking at 3-10 minutes wait time, so if you're getting food faster than that, you're looking at options 1 or 2.

So what you can do with #s 1 & 2: you can eat hot pockets, microwave meals, etc. If you wanna go better than that, you can premake casseroles and just heat them up.

#3 takes some planning and organization, but it is doable small scale. You need to be able to look at your schedules and see when you can and want to eat together, and then plan ahead accordingly. Keep quick foods on hand, thawed chicken can be grilled, steamed or fried in under 20 minutes. Frozen vegetables you can steam in the microwave in 5 minutes. Keep some ready to serve dinner rolls on hand, or make garlic toast, something like that. Pasta is quick, takes about 10 minutes.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Try making simple meals. Baked chicken or fish and steamed veggies doesn't really take that long to make. Just be sure to have the ingredients ready for when you come home from work. Another option is to use a crock pot/slow cooker. Dump all of the ingredients in there in the morning, turn it on low, and it should be ready by the time you come home! I find cooking dinner often takes just as long as waiting for fast food as long as you have a plan.